(CHAPTER 8, PART 4) Further Bloodlines

Chiaki Nanami and Chihiro Fujisaki were currently in their respective rooms, Chiaki playing a game of Payday 2, Chihiro working on a new story she thought of.

A thought had circulated through both their heads, however.

"Hey Chihiro?" Chiaki asked as she finished up a heist in the game.

"Yes Chiaki???"

"Y'know...we're technically Kyoryukos now and yet...Do we know anything about our lineage?"

"...not really... no!"

"See, that's the thing i'm wondering about. The only thing we know is what we know about Hikari and...Aki."

"Ugh, right... well, why don't we go ask Hikari herself? Sounds logical.

"Very fair!" Chiaki mentioned

And so they left their place and headed on over to Hikari, currently at the living room on her phone.

"Mom???" Chiaki asked first.

Hikari put her phone in her pocket

"Yes, dear?"

"Is it alright if we ask more about the Kyoryuko bloodline??"

"Y'know..." Hikari smiled "...I didn't know much either until I happened to find an old book while cleaning the basement!"

Chihiro and Chiaki's eyes lit up.

"Ooh!!! What's that entail???"

"Well...lemme get the book." Hikari said before going to her and Tokei's book before coming back

The book happened to have a dull blue cover with reflective gold kanji on it. The book seemed old, seemingly around circa 1860s, and also printed right onto it, in the same reflective gold was a dragon as some kind of symbol

"I have in my hand a book detailing the collective history of the Kyoryukos. Mostly everything from the 1500s or so to around now."

"Ooooooh!!! Open it! Open it!!!!" Chihiro felt a part of her she thought she wouldn't be feeling in a while.

Hikari opened the book.

"Apparently our story started around the 1500s with the Ryujin Family. They were the royal family that ruled an island only known as Tsubasa-Shima outside of the mainland emperor's grasp. The emperor of the Tsubasa-Shima had two children, Komura Ryujin, a skilled Samurai with talent unlike any other had seen and Yamato Ryujin, a powerful Shogun who commanded the loyalty of his troops."

"Wow!!! That sounds pretty exciting."

"While Tsubasa-Shima happened to be peaceful, the government was seemingly becoming more corrupt as things went on, leading to the Tengu Order, an all-female clan of shinobi that were the best assassins anyone had ever seen, finding the island and trying to kill the corrupt rulers. Hanako Karasu was sent to take care of Komura, but eventually was taken down...but was spared and eventually became part of Ryujin Family as a retainer

Hikari continued

"As seemingly a punishment from the gods, demons began attacking Tsubasa-Shima, leading the Komura, Hanako, and the royal onmyouji Jinroh Tsuki to stop them...It turns out the demons were being lead by Yamato, who fought his brother and was eventually slain and burnt...they say that his body burned for three days, as he was quite...large and oily, and that his ashes were buried under 8 stones on 8 different islands all with protection seals to make sure he would never reincarnate again..."

"Holy hell!!!!"

"Yeah...It's some crazy stuff..."

"...Did you ever find out what happened to the stones?"