(CHAPTER 8, PART 1) Daughter Detective

A new month usually brings new beginnings.

Mizu Sakana had recently been doing more renovations to her home, ever since she and Kusa started assisting Hikari with their mission to defeat the Despairs.

A student in the quest's team she particularly bonded with outside her son was Ultimate Detective Kyoko Kirigiri. So tactical and clever, unafraid to give up and display her intel, she seemed perfect.

And yet Mizu was curious about one thing. That being Kyoko's general mood.

She seemed so... cold and distant. The only one she really showed any warmth to was her boyfriend Makoto.

Of course, she was informed about the demise of father Jin... but that was around 2 months ago...and from what she was concerned Kyoko was like that before she learned.

Mizu was oh so curious to say the least.

"You thinking what I'm thinking?"

"I think so, but why would she sell seashells down by the sea shore if there's already sea shells on the sand???"

"Interesting question but no not that. I remember my sister and her wife's tactics to let a student open up their issues."

"Ooohoohoooh!!!!"

"All we need is a cozy room and some of Tokei's sweet sweet miluk"

"...i hope we can get her consent."

"You know what I actually mean."

"Okay yea I dooo-"

So Mizu contacted Tokei for an order, and of course the Ultimate Adult Caregiver complied.

Mizu then proceeded to write a letter:

"Dear Kyoko,

You have been a wonderful student here. However, we couldn't help but notice some... things about you.

If you want to, we're always here for you to talk to.

Hope's Peak Staff"

The letter had been sent.

And now Mizu waited.

"Hello."

Kyoko had already arrived.

"Oh, hey!!! You're right on time, take a seat!!!"

"Will do."

Kyoko sat...

"I normally barely open any of my struggles to most folks, but as you in particular have developed a well bond with me, I felt I might as well."

"Sounds good!"

"First, I should bring up the truth... You know my talent is Ultimate Detective at this point, right?

"...yes?"

"Well, truth is I come from a long line of detectives, yet this secret has been kept so well guarded that the only people who could possibly know it are people like Byakuya, Hikari, or maybe even Houhou...Though I don't know about them."

"Oh Shit!!!

"Well...Jin, long before his demise of course, didn't want to be part of that life, and my grandfather Fuhito disowned him for that.

"...ah..."

"Eventually, Jin found my mom Uzuchi, they got married, and..." Kyoko was silent, as it was clear to see what happened next.