(CHAPTER 1, PART 6) The Twilight Syndrome Case (Mystery Life)

(warning for videogame gore and subjects implying the supernatural!!!!! along with a  disgusting act briefly mentioned for horror!!!!)

"Soo... I heard that another game was added into the arcade."

"What? Already? Even after what happened last week????"

"Yep. part of me wants to check it out, but the other part is convincing me not to play it until I know for sure it's safe."

"When do you think we can go and at least have a look at the cabinet?"

"I think after lunch would be good."

That was the conversation between Chiaki Nanami and Hajime Hinata. While they remembered jackshit on how exactly Midnight Maze went, they remembered the borderline-supernatural effects it had on the both of them. Even though it was beyond their control for the most part, they were still regretful of any attacks.

"Speaking of such, look at the time. Let's go."

And so, the two went on into the arcade, they saw it.

A cabinet with creepy colorations on it, of reds, purples, and blacks. There were creepy creatures plastered on it, the title was written in cold, bright pink fictional blood.

TWILIGHT SYNDROME: MURDER CASE

"Oh for goodness sake-" Chiaki was not amused.

She was still into the original games, but she was sure this was the other lost game, and with a title like that, she got suspicious that this might as well end up like Midnight Maze. ...could she take any more chances???

"Yeaaaah I don't blame you for opting out."

"Think it's best we... just lay through this one???"

They then heard another voice.

"I think I got this. I'll just use the 'write-down-what's-happening tactic' in case anything happens to my mind."

The voice belonged to Mr. Kyoryuko.

"I promise I'll be fine regardless, though. I know the cure."

"Alright then.."

With that, Hikari stepped in.

"Although...There is something off about this situation..."

He thought for a moment.

It just COULDN'T be a coincidence that another lost Twilight Syndrome game was placed in after the last one.

Where they even the real lost games???? Midnight Maze just seemed so.... Offputting.... and there was NO WAY the devs could make a brainwashing device with just polygons.

Not to mention...

Who was responsible for selling these?

"I know this is going to sound conspiracy theory-esque...but I feel that whoever is behind this is an Ultimate Despair!"

Chiaki and Hajime's eyes widened.

"That.. explains so much."

"Get the others."

Hajime knew exactly who he was talking about.

"Right away, Mr. Kyoryuko."

The two went off as Hikari waited.

Finally after just a minute or two, Hajime and Chiaki came back with Chihiro, Makoto, Kyoko, Byakuya, Nagito, Mikan, Shuichi, Kaede, Kokichi, and Kaito.

"...I think it's strikingly clear why we're all here."

"*sigh*...not again."

"Yes again."