(CHAPTER 4, PART 7) Mama's Little Sodapop

(OKAY THIS IS THE LAST AGERE ONE FOR A WHILE I SWEAR.)

Tokei had something deep in her mind.

"He's been horrible to the classmates, absolutely stupid... yet his rough upbringing makes me wanna yank him from his dad's arms and protect him... HE'S PERFECT.

"I mean... you have a point. On one hand, he's quite stupid and can get obnoxious...but I can't deny that other part...espically considering our daughter."

"What do you say? We go all the way this time? For the better?"

"For the better. After all, this is why the school was reopened."

"Fair enough."

And so, Gaikotsu Tokei wrote a note.

There's something we would like to talk to you about. It's about your behavior. Come see us in the library as soon as you're able to. We'll be waiting - Hope's Peak Staff

"AW WHAT?!" Kazuichi Soda looked at it in shock.

He felt like he knew exactly what the two were going to do. After all, Mikan, Sagishi, and Hiyoko all got the same notes and came out...different afterwards. He was still untrusting of Mx. Tokei and didn't expect Mr. Kyoryuko of all people to get entangled with their (presumed) schemes...especially after the "Purple Milk Incident", as people called it.

Still, he decided to haul it there anyway. Maybe he could eventually stop this Purple Milk indoctrination.

If only he knew the truth...

Kazuichi eventually went to the library, albeit hesitantly.

"We have been expecting you."

"C-could you not say that in the most villainous way possible?"

"Sorry, just my aesthetic."

"Seriously, i'm surprised you haven't indoctrinated Gundham yet."

"I may or may not be planning to." Tokei joked.

...He knew it. They really were indoctrinating the students into something that's probably like a cult.

"Uhh...so why did you bring me here?...Apart from freaking me out?"

"Well, we've noticed you've been acting... creepy to other students. Particularly Miss Nevermind."

"Look, I get that you like her...but c'mon, man. That's not how you get someone to like you." Hikari added.

"H-how would you know?"

Hikari looked at Tokei, then looked back at Kazuichi.

"Oh."

...Well, that explained things. It really did take Kazuichi this long to realize that Hikari and Tokei were married.

"You're just a fucking scumbag at this point, Mr. Souda."

"Such truth cannot be overlooked...especially since you cannot seem to grasp the idea that Miss Nevermind doesn't, and never has, had feelings for you...you're just as blind as a cave fish if you cannot see the truth that Miss Nevermind has shown more feelings for Mr. Tanaka then any person you have interacted with in your entire 17 years of existence" Hikari said with the utmost confidence and brutal honesty of an ancient being of judgment.

Kazuichi. Fucking. SHATTERED. He was speechless.

"Was I a little *too* hard on the guy?" Hikari asked Tokei.

"Absolutely not."

Before Kazuichi could even respond, Tokei added.

"However, we have read through your past and history. We noticed how... troubled it was. So we have had a little idea."