(CHAPTER 7, PART 6) Liar's Truth

Kokichi Ouma was experiencing a moment of internal conflict. A big one.

His previous relationship was with Shuichi Saihara... well... it wasn't really.

He mainly did it just to fuck with him, as they were in the same junior high class, and they did date... but it was mostly one of those pre-teen romances that kinda just...break off.

It was never meant to be, and both knew it.

However... while Kokichi didn't want Shuichi back, he had something deep within his heart.

Underneath his scheming "Little Shit" persona, he was honestly glad to see Shuichi experience romantic and emotional happiness with Kaede.

He just wished he could get a chance at that with someone else...

But would he get that? Even though quite a couple students of Hope's Peak have seen him turning a new leaf somewhat, who could possibly want to be with someone like him?

He personally felt he didn't deserve it.

And yet...

---

Gin Kutsu. Ultimate Horseback Rider.

A man who was confident, outgoing, stubborn as a mule (joke intended) but overall fun to be around, and never afraid to tell honest truths (even if it did get him in trouble).

That last part was crucial to him...

...so why was he developing feelings for a liar??

Kokichi was absolutely NOTHING like him.

Of course, maybe the fact that Kokichi was... developing in character... was contributing to these rising feelings.

But what would Kokichi say if he told him that?

Even Kokichi would find it ridiculous that an honest man wanted a liar.

Regardless... as what he overheard somewhere from another student, "The heart wants what the heart wants."

He shared his 5th period (English) with him, so he was waiting for that time as he did what he usually did in class, which was just personally making sketches and doodles.

Thoughts swam in his brain, primarily the words to say to him the time he sees him. But how would Kokichi react?

He had to play it cool, not a good idea to confess in class... maybe ask to meet up sometime after?

Yeah, that sounded good!

And so, Kokichi had come in.

There was still time before class started, so Gin decided to ask.

"Hey, Kokichi?"

"Hmm?"

"There's something I should tell you. Meet me after... around a break session."

"1:00 is good for me."

"Perfect."

And so with that in mind, class went on like usual.

Well, except for the fact that Gin was still swimming with his thoughts. This time with that hopeful excitement.

After an hour and lesson regarding the story of Dracula to finish up Tokei's "prime quaternary" of that, Frankenstein, the Phantom of the Opera, and Jekyll and Hyde, the Ultimate Horseback Rider was now headed to the dining hall, proceeding to give a text.

"At the dining hall. Hope to see you there."

"Okie dokie."

And just like that, Kokichi had arrived.