(CHAPTER 7, PART 4) Stranger Truths

TW: Grooming, mentions of unsolicited drug tests, eating disorders

Kokichi Ouma was a...can of worms, to say the least.

Aside from his semi-raspy yet high pitched voice, his talent as "Ultimate Supreme Leader" is...dubious at best.

Sure, he was the leader of a not-so-legal band of people...but it was only like...10 people, in his words, "Being gay in doing crime".

Granted, that group was very successful at what they did, even toppling a fascist dictatorship government on a small island that threatened to start WW3...just because said government didn't respect trans people.

This was helped because of Kokichi's second quirk: His way with words.

It's no secret that Kokichi is a blatant liar. He knew the best ways to spice up stories with lies to make them seem grander, or even the correct phrases to say to make people do what he desired. It got to the point where he was basically a living lie detector, able to pick up on even the smallest bits of untruths.

Of course, this has caused his reputation to be... mixed-to-negative. Sure, he did have Nagito as a friend from school, buuut... Nagito himself was not really that popular, some even saying that he was creepy, with the only people not seemingly scared off being his family...

Regardless, Kokichi enjoyed this feeling. He felt free being this way, and he also felt free being flamboyant and "Acting gay", as he knew a majority of the school wasn't exactly the straightest.

However, after school today happened to be a...not good day for him.

The thing was...Today was a day where the dorms had to be closed for some reasons, meaning...he had to go back with his parents.

Thing is, nobody knew who his parents were save for him, and...as a matter of fact, they were the reason he kept lying...to get away from a horrible, ugly truth.

Kokichi waited in the entrance hall, hoping that...maybe, just maybe...there could be a way to escape this pain.

That hope felt shattered as a woman with brown hair and pastel colors approached him. She happened to be the Biology teacher and Nagito's technical aunt, Mizu Sakana.

"Ouma, what are you still doing here?" While she was more merciful than other staff members in spite of being the Ultimate Pirate, she still kept her guard up just in case.

"Oh, nothing. Just that i'd prefer not to get picked up by...'them'"

"'Them'...?"

Kokichi then had an idea.

"Yeah. I mean...is it really that hard to consider the idea of...maybe letting me stay here?"

"...I... don't think I could... I'm pretty sure that's against the-"

"Pweeeeaaaaseeeee???...I promise i'll not be in the way of the cleaners."

While Mizu couldn't trust a liar... she was morbidly curious about what this would entail.

"Eh, why not?"

"Wait, seriously?"

"Yah"

"Mizu, do you realize how horrible of an idea that is???" Tenshi said to her while eavesdropping

"Exactly. I wanna see how stupid this gets."

"You do realize that he can't stay legally, right? We'll probably be fucked over if his parents find that out."

Kokichi felt like he should say something, but...Even a truth would just be another lie to them...

"Oh." She said, turning back to Kokichi "I'm sorry to hear... so much for seeing the fun."