(CHAPTER 2, PART 6) Lifted Spirits

so much death. be warned.

As of that one day, everyone knew there were ghosts in Hope's Peak Academy.

Some were intrigued, others like Yasuhiro now had sleepless nights.

However, the teachers in particular were showing interest in seeing these apparitions, some of the departed being ones they knew well.

Hikari and Tokei, in particular, were aiming to set things right.

One spirit in particular was Sachiko Gamen. She was one of their closest friends back when they were students at Hope's Peak Academy. However, her time had a particularly nasty end.

It was a late night party at the school. Everything seemed to be a blast... the colors were lively, the music was loud.

Then the break-in happened. Dropout delinquents were out for blood.

Several students were injured, but Sachiko got the worst of them all. The receiving end of the makeshift mace. Her body was damaged beyond recovery.

She succumbed to her injuries before she could make it to the hospital. The perpetrators were arrested, but Hikari and Tokei would live with the regret of being unable to help.

Today, they would do what they wanted to do for so long...along with truly erasing the effect of what Tasogare's cult had done.

"Now...Where do we start?"

"We need to locate her first."

"She should be in the arcade, right?"

Of course! Sachiko was the Ultimate Game Developer! If she had to be anywhere it would be there for sure!

"Let's go!"

And so, they went to the arcade.

It was a Sunday, nobody else was there, so it was perfect. They were right in the center.

"Alright, how do we do this?" Tokei asked

"All we really need to do is ask the spirit if they can hear us." Hikari told

"Really? I was thinking there'd be like crystals, a dead goat, and everything."

"That's just Hollywood bullcrap...I kinda found this technique out from my mom."

"Oooooh.. alright, 'ere we go."

"Sachiko Gamen...If you can hear us from the other side...Please...come to us..."

Already, out of the cabinet of the Hedgipiggu game, a spectre arrived. Her hair was rugged, her eyes glowing a bright green. Blood out of her nose and on her head, she was covered in bruises.

"Sachiko...?"

"Hello." She looked and sounded dismal.

Hikari and Tokei were at a loss for words. But they found themselves and prepared for everything.

"Sachiko... I... we're sorry we couldn't do enough... It was all a blur... We've missed you every day. The both of us just wanted to find a way to help set you free... and... well, you don't have to forgive us, but... we just wanted to let you know our regrets..."

The ghost looked at them for a moment.

"Hikari... Tokei... It's been several years since my demise... I was trapped within that set. And I finally see you now..."

Hikari and Tokei both teared up... and so did Sachiko's spirit.

"...But I can't help but forgive you both! If I could hug you now that I'm seeing you again, I would!"