(CHAPTER 1, PART 3) The Forbidden Doors of Despair (Trial)

(WARNING: THIS ONE'S GONNA GET WILD. hey, just because it's a Non-Despair AU doesn't mean it can't get gory!)

Makoto and the rest of them heard the elevator doors open

They saw a large room with blue walls and gold accents. Red curtains draped over openings in the walls, including the elevator doors. On the checkered floor, there were 16 podiums all lined up in a circle, and overlooking it, was a red and gold chair flanked by two podiums. Both podiums had back parts, where one looked like a sword, and the other, a shield.

Makoto saw Shironuki sitting on the chair along with three people standing near the podiums in a circle

One of them happened to be Mukuro Ikusaba, the Ultimate Soldier and Makoto's classmate

The other two were a young lavender-hair woman in a black tanktop with silver yoga pants, along with a man with a blonde buzzcut and a bullet belt

"Wait, Mukuro????"

"...Makoto?"

Well this is just getting awkward.

"Uh... why are you there?"

"Isn't it obvious. They believe that i'm a suspect."

"...We have our reasons." Hikari mentioned

Makoto realized it made sense with Mukuro's militia experiences.

So Makoto took a podium along with the others, and Shironuki spoke up.

"Let's begin with an explanation of the Class Trial!"

They all listened good.

"Your goal is to figure out 'Whodunnit'. Once you do, you vote for the person you believe is the culprit. If the majority picks the right one, then they receive punishment! But...if the majority picks the wrong one..."

Hearts were pounding.

"Well, um...I don't know why this happened...But apparently if the majority picks someone who isn't the culprit, then this room is automated to kill everyone except the culprit...We are not sure how to fix it." Hikari explained.