(CHAPTER 5, PART 8) The Summer Blockbuster Killer (Trial)

Down into the basement they went.

There, they were met with the sight of a man with long brunette hair, a monocle, and a beret.

"The fu…?"

"Guys, this is Cine Rivera."

“Hello!”

Along with him was someone from Sachiko and Ichika’s class: Gafu Janru

"Considering I was mentioned in a note or something they felt I had to be here."

“I see…”

"Alright, we know all the rules, excep-"

“Yes, yes. We figure out who did it and punish the culprit. Fail and everyone but the culprit dies, right?”

Everyone looked at Rivera.

"Whuh…"

“Wow. They aren’t even hiding it anymore.”

"WAIT- SHIT, UH, SORRY JUST GOT IT CONFUSED WITH ONE OF MY MOVIES- do continue"

"If you say so… funny thing is, that is exactly how it goes...EXCEPT for the dying part."

"I see…"

“This is literally our fucking house!”

"Right…"

"...ANYWAYYYY are we ready to begin?"

“...I think so.” Shuichi said, still unsure about what he would have to do.

“Welp…Here goes nothing!”

TRIAL BEGIN

Hikari: Let us start with a review of what happened.

Hikari: Four murders have recently been committed. All around the same area, but all in different buildings.

Tokei: and all of them seem to be snuff recordings disguised as that of mockbusters of popular cinema.

Kazuichi: well damn.

Cine: How are you sure that they’re snuff films?

Kaede: …Tell ‘em, Hinata.

(Evidence Picking)

Truth Bullet #2: Snuff Films

I got it!! 

Hajime: We were literally sent a box of snuff films to our door, and we checked one of them only to find out all the gore was real.

Shuichi: I-It’s something that isn’t as achievable with prop limbs or stage blood.

Kaede: Those guts were REAL. The body was REAL.

Ibuki: What else can you describe them as apart from Snuff Films?

Cine: I see…

Cine: How disgusting…Using real death for art?

Mikan: Now… should we go over each “mockbuster” snuff film?