(PROLOGUE) Welcome to Hope, Section 1

Makoto and Komaru Naegi's year at Hope's Peak Academy was definitely going to be weird.

This was definitely not an ordinary school. Hope's Peak's purpose was to take the best of the best and make them even better. No one just enrolled into it. They had to be scouted out by the school itself

Not only were there so many students of so many odd talents...

The rules here were very off.

There were none, if any.

While the two were still weirded out by that, they were more somewhat intimidated. After all, Makoto didn't really have a talent...he was the winner of an annual roulette that chooses one ordinary student to attend the academy, hence why he's known as the Ultimate Lucky Student.

he was the winner of an annual roulette that chooses one ordinary student to attend the academy, hence why he's known as the Ultimate Lucky Student

As for Komaru...neither of them knew why she was chosen. They didn't even tell her what her ultimate talent was.

That being said, they were still having hopeful thoughts on what would happen

"Makoto, you've been staring into space for hours."

"O-oh! Sorry!"

Makoto then realized what his sister said.

"...Wait, has it really been hours?!"

"I'm just kidding. It's been two minutes."

"Oh, ok. Sorry."

Makoto looked back at the high school, which towered over all the buildings in the bustling urban area, making it seem like the center of the world.

"It's just...I can't believe we're standing here."

"Me neither in all honesty..."

"I wonder where all the other students are?"

"Inside, maybe?"

"Probably..." Makoto was oblivious to the fact his sister's response was kind of a bite.

"We should check."

"Ok...Here goes nothing."

And thus the gate was opened as the two entered the school's courtyard.