~39~ Feeling It

This is my last update this week. I won't be able to update tomorrow (Friday)

Julianne's POV

I get to the bar later than we had planned, but Holden and Tate seem kinda off when I get in. Actually, the whole atmosphere is wrong tonight.

"Hey Annie. Did you have a good time?" Holden asks as he gives me a kiss.

"What happened?" I ask as I reach up and gingerly touch his split bottom lip.

He winces slightly at the touch but shakes his head. "An unruly customer. I helped kick him out and the barstool got me in the face."

"You have the worst luck. You get hurt more than anyone I've ever met," I say, and turn when I hear Nico choking on the soda he just sipped.

Tate looks like he's hiding a smirk as Holden turns frustrated eyes on Nico. "You done?" Holden snaps.

Nico clears his throat as he takes a big breath, coughing slightly and pounding on his chest. "I told you that you was a klutz. You have been since I've known ya. What are the chances that a chair would hit ya in the face, T?"

I'm surprised when Holden flips him the middle finger, and Nico laughs even harder. Are they fighting?

I turn to Tate in question, but he just shrugs at me as he takes another drink of his soda.

"Did you have a good time?" Holden asks me as he starts counting his register.

"Yeah"

"Good," he grins, and presses on his chest gingerly, wincing a little again.

Did the barstool get him in the chest too?

~*~

The next day after we grab Tate from the bar and go home after school, Holden goes right to his room.

"What'cha doing?" I ask after a bit.

"My room is gross, so I'm cleaning it," he shrugs as he throws some gum wrappers into a garbage sack.

I watch him, and he stops what he's doing to look at me. "What?"

"You're acting weird."

"Ummm, thanks?" He grins as he goes back to working on his dresser.

I go out and find Tate playing video games on the couch. "I thought you were grounded." I say as I rest my head on his shoulder.

"I was, now I'm not."

"After two days?"

Tate just shrugs as he keeps playing, and when Holden comes out and groans as he stretches his arm across his chest, I raise my eyebrows.

"You guys are seriously acting weird today."

"That's kinda rude, Annie," Holden smirks as he grabs a water and goes back into his room.

"Isn't it weird that he's cleaning his room? I've never seen him do that before."

"I don't know. I don't really pay attention to what Holden does," Tate says dismissively, and I turn back to the book I started reading.

Living with boys isn't for the faint of heart.

~*~

"My room really was gross," Holden breathes as he sits down in his recliner and blows out a tired breath.

"I want it on record that you would NEVER let our room be like that," Tate grins as he glances up from his video game to look at Holden.

Holden nods. "That's true. Since I moved away, I got in a bad habit about being sloppy. The house always had to be pristine, remember? If my room was a mess by the time Maria or Abby came in to clean, they would clean it for me...And I SWEAR Abby went through my things."