Chapter 88 - Wedding Day

Start from the beginning

"Careful. You might actually make me believe that you do love me." Aiyanna whispered in warning.

I smiled and as if to convince her more than I already have, I kissed her again. However this time, our lips stayed connected only shortly before I rolled on my back beside her. As usual, Aiyanna snuggled against me. How thankful I was that she didn't and wouldn't need to be protected by the chill of my skin, as she once had to.

"Can I have a clue to what you guys did to your house ? I want to know." she suddenly inquired, her feet shaking with excitement.

My sister had forbidden Aiyanna from coming to our house for the rest of week, wanting to preserve the wow effect.

Alice has been bossing all of my family and I around to create the perfect venue for the wedding. Aiyanna's parents came earlier today to help with the final preparations along with Emily, Seth, Jared and Embry. If Emily and Seth came willingly, Jared and Embry had been sent mostly to protect Emily from any incident with my family, although this excuse was unfounded to my point of view. The other members of her pack were either patrolling, resting from their recent shifts or were simply not comfortable enough around us to roam around our house.

"Patience. You will know soon enough." I answered.

With a little bit of chance, we'll see them naked...

I was caught by surprise by how soon Emmett's thoughts came to interrupt my own, and unfortunately, not by his lubricious train of thoughts as I was unfortunately used to them.

My brothers were coming. If I thought they'd forget about me, at least both of their intentions were clear : they would not let me bow out tonight.

Aiyanna tightened her grip around my waist before she loosened it to sit up, her senses alert. She glared in the direction of the window, under which, my brothers would be there in less than nine seconds.

"Where are they taking you ? Strip club ?" Aiyanna inquired, one of her eyebrows arching.

Although her eyebrows were wriggling, I could see how she didn't like this idea the slightest bit. At least, it made both of us.

"Shouldn't a bachelor party be fun for the groom ?" I said, rubbing my hand on her back in an attempt to reassure her.

"We never know. It's your brothers we're talking about. For the past weeks they've been..."

"Insufferable ?"

Aiyanna nodded. "Exactly. I wouldn't be surprised."

"If you don't send Edward out, we're coming in after him." Emmett hissed menacingly once arriving at his destination.

Aiyanna rolled her eyes and made her way out of the bed to walk up to the window. I followed after her the next instant and opened the windows, which we usually kept closed when it was only the two of us.

"Over my dead body." Aiyanna finally told Emmett.

Emmett scoffed. "Let's try to keep you alive for tomorrow. The boy has been waiting a century for this wedding. Don't ruin that for him."

"Funny of you to think that you could kill me. What do vampire bachelor parties consist of anyway ? I'll see if I approve it."

Aiyanna leaned her elbows on the edge of the window, looking down at my brothers.

Jasper let out a laugh and turned on his soothing vibes on Aiyanna. "Don't worry Aiyanna. We Cullens have our own version."

"Don't tell her anything !" Emmett hissed at Jasper, attempting an attack that Jasper's years of experience allowed him to dodge.