Chapter 61 - Home (2)

Aiyanna

For the first time in my life, my mom cried in my arms. I couldn't stop my eyes from tearing up as well, seeing in what state she had been during my absence.

I felt horrible. I should've been there, especially in times like these.

I didn't make it inside yet. My mom fell into my arms as soon as Sam put me down. I heard my father speaking to him but couldn't focus on the words he was saying.

Instead, behind my mother, at the end of the corridor, my eyes stayed glued on the floor of the veranda that led to the backyard.

My heart started beating faster as memories of that evening flashed in front of my eyes.

So this was what trauma felt like.

I hated it.

"Let's get her inside." My dad suggested, after sending Sam off.

I nodded, only realizing that he was talking about me and not my mom when he lifted me in his arms and brought me to the living room.

He settled me down on a chair, and hurried to give me a glass of water I didn't know I needed until I realized how wonderful it felt to have it fill me up from the inside.

After gulping three glasses down, my fingers fidgeted around the glass.

"Did all uncles leave already ?" I asked.

"Yes. They left a day after the funeral. Sam was quick to warn us that you wouldn't come back anytime soon so we were able to find an excuse to your absence in front of them." my father explained calmly.

"I am sorry for leaving like this. I just didn't find a better way to react to what happened."

My father squatted down in front of me, and covered my hand with his. "Aiyanna. You don't have to deal with everything on your own. We're your parents, remember ?"

I sighed and shook my head. "There was nothing you could do. I don't even have the power to do anything either. Everything just happened to me at once."

"Sam told us that you imprinted on that boy."

I felt my throat tighten. The fact that my father couldn't mention his name anymore said everything on how he viewed him.

Ever since I came back from my first transformation, he had been convinced that Edward had left me in the woods, unprotected.

I honestly didn't know how he'd react once he'd know that Edward and the rest of his family were vampires. Until this day, he still had no idea. Only my mother kept the secret.

"Are you okay ?" she asked me.

In all sincerity, I answered by shaking my head.

I was definitely not okay with this imprinting thing but knew I had no choice but to live with it.

"Are you hungry ? Or do you want to sleep ?" she suddenly asked, making me realize that her previous question had nothing to do with imprinting.

"Sleep." I immediately answered.

My mother smiled slightly. "Sleep before food ?"

"Always." I answered, smiling as well.

"Can you walk ?" My father asked.

"In a little while, I will."

All I wanted in this instant was to take the hottest shower I had ever taken in my life while trying to forget the constant tugging feeling in my chest that has only grown stronger the more I walked away from him.