Chapter 120

The Ye family members had gathered in the main hall from afternoon to nightfall, waiting anxiously for someone from the palace to come and inform them.

Everyone was rather on tenterhooks when they heard about Ye Huaiyang's early contractions. Aunt Yan Shi went directly to the worship hall to chant scriptures, leaving behind the few masters to wait fidgetly there. Ye Huaili, who was usually calm, had hands clasped behind his back as he circled back and forth quite a few rounds that the floor tiles were almost worn out by his foot prints.

How could he not worry? Ever since Ye Huaiyang was confined in bed, he felt that her condition was worse than before each time he went to see her. But she would just say she was fine whenever asked since she always reports only what's good while withholding the unpleasant. He didn't know whether she had consumed those nourishments that he sent over. He can no longer keep an eye on her like before being separated by several palace walls, which really arouses anxiety.

Although Ye Huaixin was feeling restless too, he still urged softly, "Big Brother, sit down for a while. Elder Sister will be fine."

Ye Huaili did not utter a word. Looking at the sky outside the window, the anxiety in his heart could not be suppressed — it's almost xushi (7pm-9pm), how come there is still no news from the palace?

Perhaps what's in the mind would happen as the clattering of horses' hooves suddenly sounded outside the courtyard. Within a few seconds, a servant led a man dressed like a eunuch in. Ye Huaili looked intently to see that it was actually Zhuo Jin himself who had come. With a smile on his face, he cupped his hands at a distance.

"Congratulations, Imperial Uncle. Niang-niang has just given birth to a little prince!"

"Really?" A joyful look was revealed on Ye Huaili's face and followed closely with queries, "How's Niang-niang's condition? Is there any serious problem?"

Zhuo Jin said, "Niang-niang suffered a little during childbirth, but fortunately she is safe and sound, and is now resting. The little prince is also very healthy, so the Imperial Uncle doesn't need to worry."

"That's good ... "

The big stone in Ye Huaili's heart finally dropped off. Holding the chair to sit down, his legs actually felt somewhat limp. Ye Huaixin hurriedly came forward to ask some other stuff and ordered someone to give Zhuo Jin a big red envelope then sent him off with a smile.

After the door was closed, the family members no longer needed to withhold their words. Concurrent with the royal court's situation, Ye Xun felt relieved too and couldn't help but laugh aloud, "Good, a boy in one fell swoop. Yang'er is really blessed!"

Ye Huaili nodded in agreement. Having the legitimate eldest son, those voices against the exclusive favoritism of the Empress' could now be silenced.

"Xin'er, quick go prepare the paper and brush. We need to inform your parents about this great joyous occasion."

"Oh, I'm on my way!"

Ye Huaixin went off with a smile on his face, but Ye Huaili was a little worried. Their parents ... perhaps will only learn that they have already become grandparents after the royal court has sent out an expansive congratulatory proclamation?

Coincidentally, Chu Jinglan had the same thought too. He had already ordered the Ministry of Rites to supervise this matter and ceased the royal court assembly for three days to celebrate, while he himself continuously kept watch by Ye Huaiyang's bedside without leaving even an inch.

Ye Huaiyang slept for a full day and night.

Although the entire childbirth was not too long, the pain she suffered was far beyond her tolerance, so much so that when she woke up, she could barely lift her hands. She could only turn her head slightly to look at the man beside her who was leaning against the bedside and taking a nap. He obviously had been up for a long time since there were dark bluish circles under his eyes and his beard hadn't been shaved.