Chapter 60 - Return to Politics

When New Year's Eve was approaching, good news was finally heard from Jingzhou. Under the pressure of the royal court, the remnants of King Qiyang's defeated troops have all surrendered and the revolt supplies were also on the way back to Wangdu. As such, the mortal malady who forcibly seized the north was at long last eliminated, so everyone in the royal court and the common people were gratified with jubilation.

Without a doubt, this glorious credit goes to Chu Jinglan since he risked great danger to go deep into the tiger's den. He even took the head of Deng Tianguan without a single troop or soldier, avoiding the bloodbath scene of Chu soldiers killing each other. Not many people could make such a courageous and decisive action, which was truly admirable.

Under the pressure of public opinion the Emperor eventually summoned Chu Jinglan to the royal court meeting today.

When he got up in the morning, Ye Huaiyang took out the court robe that had long been left aside in the cabinet and personally dressed Chu Jinglan in order; putting on the adornments such as court beads, jade hairpin and other articles. She then pulled away to size him up carefully, only to see the embroidered seawater cliff pattern on the hem of the gown dazzling in front of her eyes. It appeared extremely solemn and dignified that she somewhat lost in a trance all of the sudden - this truly seems to be the first time she has seen him dressed like this.

Watching her stare blankly on the spot, Chu Jinglan pulled her closer with one hand while the other straightened the collar and asked, "What's wrong?"

"Nothing, it just feels that my husband is so handsome." Ye Huaiyang leaned over with a genial smile then imprinted a sweet kiss on the side of his face, "Be careful on the road and come back early."

Chu Jinglan responded in a shallow voice then loosened his grip to get the official jade tablet. When he suddenly saw her body sway, he hurriedly turned back and gathered her in his arms and asked with a frown, "Feeling unwell?"

"No. Still sleepy." Saying that, Ye Huaiyang released a long yawn where a thin mist seemed to gather between the eyebrows looking not fully awake.

"Let them serve then. You go back to bed and sleep for a while more."

"Hmm, okay." Ye Huaiyang did not compel herself either. She rubbed her eyes and walked into the inner room, leaving the rest to the maidservants.

Others have said that one will have to be more diligent after marriage compared to being an unmarried girl as one needs to get up to serve the parents-in-law and husband when the sun rises from the window. From binding the hair crown, straightening the sleeves, passing out towels to serving porridges; one must make sure that none is lacking. Yet she was completely contradictory, she used to rise early and retired late when she was at home but started to be indolent after arriving at the King mansion. Just merely dressing Chu Jinglan up, she was already so weary and yawned incessantly, if she didn't pay the slightest attention, she might even tumble to the ground. Yue'ya heaved a sigh as she watched on the side.

The one who lives in Lanyan Court has already been up early to prepare meals for Wangye ah, how can Young Miss be like this ...

Yue'ya intended to enter the room and urge a few words to Ye Huaiyang but who knew she already lay down again in just a blink of an eye where her whole person huddled and slept soundly under the silver twirled-thread satin quilt, clutching a curved bead jade, like the one worn by Wangye but why was the silk yarn fastened on the top broken ...

Yue'ya blushed suddenly after pondering it for a while.

Was Wangye probably relentless last night that young miss might not have endured it and pulled it off? This was not the first thing that was broken since they returned to the King mansion half a month ago. From large items like the inkstone jade seal to small items like underclothes or underwear, which were ripped to pieces and not knowing how vigorous their activities were that even Imperial Guard Tang thought there were assassins attacking...