Chapter 101 - Reunion

The sky was pitch dark while the stars and moon were diminishing. A tall figure stood stiffly like a statue on the deserted and secluded Zhuolutai, looking over the scattered firelights below the mountain.

Winter would arrive soon and the cold wind nearly chilled one to the bone but he only wore a thin gray robe and had stood at the top of this steep mountain for a long time with no intention of leaving. The person beside him could not stand it anymore and persuaded in a soft voice, "Wangye, the hinterland between these peaks is extremely vast and it will take some time to find. You have been here for most of the day, why don't you go back to the campsite for a rest?"

Chu Jinglan did not move a muscle.

When he arrived here, there were still faint blood threads seen on the long white stone steps and following the traces all the way here, it was two steps away from the cliff. Even a martial arts practitioner like him felt dizzy looking down, let alone an ordinary person yet his Yang'er was forced step by step by them to reach here then jumped off into the bottom of the valley. How scared did she feel at that time?

He has come back now, but his return is too late as they can't find traces of her anymore. He felt dejected yet there's no place for him to mourn.

Thinking of this, Chu Jinglan immediately felt his heart ache and could not calm down for a long time. There was a gush of blood in his chest that seemingly would surge up his throat whenever he coughed. Forcing it down, he continued gazing at the bottom of the mountain for troops who were looking for Ye Huaiyang's corpse.

Next to him, Tang Qingfeng had long been anxious like ants on a hotpot and just short of pacing around. Just at this moment, a shadow guard came to report something. His expression immediately unfolded after hearing what was said and reported word by word, "Wangye, Young Master Huaixin has arrived at the campsite."

The ashened face of Chu Jinglan finally showed traces of life. He hesitated for a long time before suddenly turned around and stepped down the flight of steps.

He wanted to look for Ye Huaixin to ask clearly what had actually happened on the day of the incident.

The night was late with torches brightly lit up the tents that lined at the foot of the mountain.  At first glance, it was no different than usual but some subtle anomalies could be perceived once he approached closer yet the eagerness to seek the truth caused Chu Jinglan to not notice in the slightest as he dismounted the horse to go see Ye Huaixin but who knew he would suddenly halted in front of the commander's tent.

Something's not right, why are there lights in the tent?

He remembered Meng Chen always used the pretext of sending medicine to come in and go out of his room which she carried on despite repeated prohibition. Perhaps she was doing this again today, hence he abruptly pushed the curtain aside and went in. Sure enough, behind the blue-green canopy vaguely revealed a delicately beautiful figure who was nestling in bed for a nap. The breathing was gently light that softened the listener's heart.

Flying in rage, Chu Jinglan rushed over to lift the canopy and about to drag her out but who knew his outstretched hand stopped stiffly in midair as lightning struck and thunderclap swiftly blasted in his ears.

A rainstorm is approaching.

The person in bed was slightly flustered being awakened by the thunderclap and instinctively huddled up but instantly revealed a sweet smile the moment she saw him and pounced into his arms without hesitation.

"You came back so late that I fell asleep while waiting."

Hearing the familiar coquettish voice, Chu Jinglan's hostility dissipated completely as he leaned over very naturally to hug her.