Chapter 94 - Trap

The East Phoenix Palace side flared up at once after finding out that Ye Huaiyang had moved to Liuguang Palace.

"What did you say? The Emperor ordered her to move there?"

It was noon break when the Empress who was taking a nap on the couch heard about this and swiftly lifted the gauze canopy without bothering to gather her bed clothes as she looked dumbfoundedly at Jinxiu kneeling outside. She even suspected that she had heard it wrongly but Jinxiu repeated and confirmed this inconceivable matter in a low voice.

"Niang-niang, it is indeed so. The Emperor has even dismissed all our people and now the ones keeping watch at Liuguang Palace are all personally arranged by him. Nubi could not even enter the threshold when Nubi went over there this afternoon."

"How could this happen all of a sudden? Did Ye Huaiyang confess?" The Empress asked repeatedly.

"Based on what Nubi knows, she did not." Jinxiu paused yet her soft voice carried an indistinct undertone, "The people on duty last night said the Emperor went to Wutong Court during xushi (7pm-9pm) and stayed for more than an hour with lots of commotion inside. They wanted to go in and check but were stopped by the imperial guards. The Emperor seemed to be in a good mood when he came out with creases on the lower hem of his robe and cuffs ... "

"Absurd!" The Empress rebuked angrily while her delicately makeup face distorted momentarily. Realizing all of a sudden that there were still many palace maids standing in the hall, she turned the spear head that was aimed at Chu Sanghuai towards Ye Huaiyang, "Indeed a seductress! She actually has ideas on the Emperor!"

Not fearing her raging temper, Jinxiu calmly put forth a suggestion, "Niang-niang, how about you ask the Queen Mother to intervene? Liuguang Palace is after all where she used to live, so it is inappropriate using it to imprison a traitor. This can also be a justification in front of the Emperor."

"No need. Bengong will personally make the trip." Propping herself up to get off the couch, the Empress stood up slowly while supporting her round belly. Although she seemed very big and slow, the hostile aura she emitted was terrifying.

It is because it's Liuguang Palace that she has to go. She wants to see what actually is the Emperor's intention by placing her there!

Seeing the Empress' censuring look, the little palace maids by the side dared not hesitate but came over and finished dressing her up in the palace clothes moments later. After the luxurious sedan chair and the yellow umbrella were ready, the grandiose crowd departed for Liuguang Palace.

As the weather was scorching hot, the Empress felt suffocated and sweat profusely a while later in the luxurious sedan chair. In addition to feeling a little giddy, her whole body began to feel unwell which made her loathed Ye Huaiyang even more that the grips of her hands unconsciously got even tighter and several deep shocking marks were left on the mahogany armrests from the precious carved embellishments on her fingers.

The distant on this segment of the road was enough for her to come up with 10,000 methods to torture Ye Huaiyang but she never expected she would actually be stopped in front of Liuguang Palace's main entrance. Looking at those expressionless and unintimidated imperial guards, she flew into rage immediately.

"Impudent! You even dare to stop Bengong. Don't you want your head anymore!"

The leading soldier stood steadfastly and repeated what he had just said, "Do calm down Niang-niang. This humble subordinate is here on guard under the Emperor's order. The Emperor has made clear that no one is allowed to enter Liuguang Palace and this humble subordinate cannot defy the order. Please pardon my offence."

No one ... who else in this Imperial Palace will come here besides her? He was obviously guarding against her!

The Empress' face turned pale with anger and her usual dignified elegance that she assumed had long gone, leaving only inexhaustible fury pounding ceaselessly on the rampart in front of her. But these soldiers seemed to be mentality prepared and completely unafraid as they stood fast in front of the only entrance of Liuguang Palace without giving way like iron pillars.