Chapter 47 - Go Shopping

A few days after the arrival of King Lan and his entourage in Jinguan City, rumors of a beautiful concubine by his side spread widely throughout the streets and lanes. It was said that she was very young, yet formidable for daring to even throw the dancers sent by King Qiyang out of the mansion without getting a word of admonition from King Lan; thus, one can see her distinct skills.

Ye Huaiyang naturally didn't know about these rumors as she sat in the room with one hand propping her cheek and stared in daze.

Even though she did not have further intercourse with Chu Jinglan that night, she couldn't restrain herself from blushing with joy whenever she recalled that moment of him taking the initiative to kiss her.

She didn't expect the trick of snivelling and acting pitiful would work so well on Wangye...

Speaking of Cao Cao and there he was* as Chu Jinglan just happened to walk in from outside. Taking off the outer robe in passing and hanging it on the hanger, he headed straight for the closet. Ye Huaiyang slipped up to his side like a little fox, hugged his arm and asked with a tilt of her head, "Going out?"

[T/N: (说曹操曹操到 -Shuō cáocāo cáocāo dào) - Speaking of the devil and here he comes]

"Mm." With a solemn look, as if there was a serious business to attend to when Chu Jinglan leaned over to glance at her, "Do you want to go?"

Of course! She would be a fool not to go!

Ye Huaiyang immediately bore into the closet in search of her cloak then turned around to go outside but was dragged back by Chu Jinglan when at the same time, another hundred flowers with flutter of butterflies fox cloak was shoved into her hand.

"It's cold outside, wear this."

Ye Huaiyang took it earnestly and draped it over her body then stood on tiptoe to straighten Chu Jinglan's lapels with a smile on her pink face and gleaming eyes, looking charmingly moving. He just looked down at her quietly, allowing her to smooth the wrinkles on his clothes, just like the remaining warmth of a distant spring day where every inch and every wisp of the willow tips whisked over his shoulders.

In a split second, an illusion emerged - perhaps it would be nice to live in seclusion with her and be an ordinary couple.

After dressing up, they left the mansion with Tang Qingfeng and Ci Yuan. With beating hooves sounding through the streets and alleys, they soon arrived at Xitang street where the largest marketplace in Jinguan City is located.

Standing upright at the entrance of the street, Pei Yuanshu seemed to have waited for a long while in a blue-gray scholar robe. He immediately went forward to meet them when he saw their arrival. To conceal their identity outside, he didn't greet in a solemn manner but merely nodded his head slightly. Gazing at the oilpaper bundle in his arms where an extremely familiar fragrant of an exquisite sweetness drifted over from time to time, Ye Huaiyang raised her eyebrows and pondered before she knew it in just a few seconds.

"Husband, I don't know what kind of delicious food Yuanshu has bought, the sweet smell is oddly enticing, can you buy me a packet too?"

Chu Jinglan was strolling down the street with her in tow. When he heard this, his steps paused slightly as he immediately looked at Pei Yuanshu with three aloof words spilling out from his mouth, "What is it?"

Pei Yuanshu originally tucked it somewhat to hide it but since he was asked by Chu Jinglan, he had to say it with a little stutter, "Back to Master, this is sweet-scented osmanthus honey which is something that I brought.... brought for my students."

"What a coincidence, my ninth sister also loves to eat this stuff." Eyebrows tilted, Yu Huaiyang deliberately lengthening her tone as she asked, "I wonder which student Yuanshu is bringing this for?"