Chapter 14 - Get Shot

When the end of the year was approaching, red lanterns would be hung and auspicious couplets would be pasted on almost all households bringing up the atmosphere of festive, except it was a little meaningless for the Ye family. One was because Ye Huaili would be returning to Guanzhong and the other was the problems with the tea house in Jiangnan.

It was common knowledge that Jiangnan's terrain was flat with thousands of miles of fertile land and had been known as land of the plenty, particularly abundant in tea production. Most of the famous superior teas in the market came from this region. Ye family had long been aware of this trade route and had purchased large areas of tea fields in five cities within the three states. They had been managing this rather large scale business since Ye Huaiyang's forefathers till date and had been the preference tea house for tribute teas.

Early spring each year was the tribute period. As the road heading north was far, the tea house would have to prepare the tea leaves for tribute before Spring Festival. Originally this year's tribute had long been sealed and packed into trunks, but there was an unexpected disastrous fire a few days ago that completely burned down the whole warehouse. Knowing the seriousness of this matter, the person-in-charge dared not act presumptuously concealing this hence he sent out an urgent message to Wangdu on the very same night.

Upon receiving the message, Ye Huaiyang immediately sent people to gather the same quality tea leaves from other tea houses. Since the prices offered were high, she managed to make up eighty percent of it while the remaining twenty percent were the exclusive treasure of Ye family's tea houses that was only produced in limited quantity each year and was priceless. Therefore, she couldn't find any matching alternatives in this short period. Seeing that once the Spring Festival was over, it would be time to send in the tribute results in Ye Huaiyang keeping her eyes on this matter everyday and practically didn't have time to rest as heads would be lost if she still didn't manage this well.

Compared to the hustle and bustle on Ye family's side, King Lan mansion was calm and tranquil. Chu Jinglan would stay in the study all day long handling essential matters while Lu Heng would be by the pond raising fishes. Only Tang Qingfeng noticed it had been a while since the next door had any activity. He then got to know such serious matters had happened after making discreet inquiries and why the place was vacant. Ye Huaiyang had returned to the clan family handling the matter and even took Lan-lan along.

He reported to Chu Jinglan on the actual situation but unexpectedly Chu Jinglan merely nodded his head expressing his awareness of the matter without other responses. He hesitated for a long time before finally he couldn't help but asked, "Wangye, was the torching of Ye family's tea house done by the Bai family?"

"Most probably."

Hearing such a definite answer, Tang Qingfeng became more hesitant, "Then... should this subordinate inform Miss Ye?"

Chu Jinglan looked up at him and said indifferently, "Has this King agreed to collaborate with Ye family?"

Tang Qingfeng stifled with his head down, "No."

"Since that's the case, then why do you need to notify Ye Huaiyang? Let the two prominent families fight among themselves to diminish their strength so it's easier to deal with in the future."

".......yes, this subordinate knows."

This matter was then set aside. Unknowingly it was time for Ye Huaili to leave for Guanzhong after passing several peaceful days.

As the saying goes, the eldest brother was like a father. Ye Huaili had been watching his two younger siblings since Ye Zhen and wife retired in seclusion. Though he was a little strict at times, he loves them very much. How could Ye Huaiyang not understand therefore she needed to make sure everything was properly managed in the family at this moment so that Ye Huaili could leave without worries.