Chapter 18 - Plan

As Ye Huaiyang's injury had not healed, it was not convenient for her to move about thus she moved back to Ye manor next door. Everyone in the entire family was in low spirits with the occurrence of this situation at the end of the year. The only worthwhile thing to be happy about was the return of Ye Huaixin and Ci Yuan from Lingnan.

In the previous years this time, Ye Huaiyang would usually make arrangements for Spring Festival celebration in the clan family. Once both entered the city, they rushed back to the clan family. Their faces changed when they heard of her assassination attempt. They left their baggage behind and charged non-stop to Ye manor.

"Knock, knock, knock......"

The pepper-figured brass ring was resounding violently that the force seemed to almost smash it apart. The old steward muttered rudely as he opened the front door to see whose family loafer was making this ruckus instead caught sight of his own Young Master that he hastily bowed in salutation.

"Eighth Young Master, Bodyguard Ci, you are back!"

Ye Huaixin reached out to lift him and immediately charged towards Ye Huaiyang's bedroom without demur, only Ci Yuan asked when he walked passed, "How's Young Miss' injuries?"

"Recovering well, all thanks to Physician Lu..."

The steward ceased his words abruptly when he saw them disappear around the corner like the lightning flint. He couldn't help but halted and sighed, the youngsters nowadays were really impatient...

But how could he understand? Since childhood, Ye Huaiyang had been cherished in the palms of both brothers, Huaili and Huaixin. Not mentioning about getting shot, even when she was playing around, she had never gotten even a bump. So, how could he not feel anxious when she got injured after he had departed to Lingnan for only a month?

With extreme anxiety, Ye Huaixin rushed to the south courtyard and pushed open the bedroom's door without being announced. Ye Huaiyang was taking her medicine on the rocking chair at this moment and immediately revealed a dimpled smile when she saw his arrival.

"Xin'er, when did you came back? Why didn't you send someone to ...."

Before she could complete the sentence, Ye Huaixin had strode over and grabbed her shoulders. With the cold air assaulting the face mingling with the windblown dust of his traveling, her face felt slightly ticklish.

"Elder sister, where were you hurt? Quick, let me see!"

Ye Huaiyang knitted her brows slightly and was silent for a moment. Looking at his over anxious expression, she turned and pouted her lips to hint her shoulder. Ye Huaixin followed her movement and instantly retracted both his hands as if they were on fire which caused Ye Huaiyang to laugh nonstop.

"You are still laughing.... Yue'ya, go check on her quickly! Did I touch her wound just now?"

"I'm fine. Look at you making a mountain out of a molehill. Am I that weak?" Ye Huaiyang annoyingly retorted.

Ye Huaixin had no idea what to do with her, but the fury within him was getting more intense. He waved his sleeves heavily and his cold voice was like a sharp blade streaking through the ears, "I have really underestimated that Bai Shi. Their ancestors were born from wilderness that they could only use forces instead of brains to handle matters? They dared to touch you the moment Elder Brother left, did they truly think there is no one else in our Ye family?"

"Blame me for letting my guard down." Ye Huaiyang sighed. She propped her body up slightly and said, "It's because of the ruthless and viciousness of the Bai family which attracted that person to give them the task of assassinating Wangye. When they knew the tide viewing incident was my plan, they directly charged at me. This is expected but what is worthy to be rejoiced was Bai Zhixuan believes I'm purely taking the opportunity to deal with the Bai family and didn't suspect my somewhat connections with Wangye."