Chapter 109 - Not destined

The congratulatory envoys came with a lot of fine things and went in a flurry. The Ministry of Rites sorted out many that could easily turned to funds and directly filled the national treasury, and the rest of rare objects were delivered to Ye Huaiyang as ordered by Chu Jinglan.

After obtaining so many things at once, Yue'ya took most of the day to sort it out while Ye Huaiyang sat on the side listening to her reciting one after another and cleared out a number of valuables to throw them back to the Ministry of Rites, to let them hand over to the national treasury. Finally only one warm jade pillow and two auspicious jade qilin baby's bracelets were retained.

When Xie Yun entered the threshold, Qu Fang was instructing the Taiji Palace's maids to pack up boxes of all sizes. Just when she thought of saying she had come at the wrong time, Ye Huaiyang was waving at her with a smile, "Sister Yun, come this way."

"This subject pays respect to the Empress Niang-niang".

She curtsied respectfully and heard Ye Huaiyang dismissing everyone when she got closer. After everybody had successively left, Ye Huaiyang shot her a quick glance and said, "You and Lu Heng have this bad habit. Both were normal previously but since entering the palace, both of you started addressing Your Majesty and Niang-niang, isn't this dissociating?"

Xie Yun smiled faintly and said, "There are many people in the palace, won't I caused you trouble if I don't perform the thorough etiquette? You are now pregnant and should not endure those intrusive gossips."

Once she said that, Ye Huaiyang felt more at ease with subtle pleasures.

"Speaking of which, why are you free to come see me in the palace today?"

She asked this for a reason. Since Xie Miao took over as the assistant minister for the Board of Revenue, he has been sorting out the royal court's messy accounts for Chu Jinglan every day and still has to bicker with all the relevant fellow officials. He was so busy that he had no time to even drink water, thus completely unable to take care of the trivial things at home anymore, so Xie Yun naturally had to take care of it.

In the past, Xie Yuan was a noblewoman who seldom came out of the boudoir. Even though she has some knowledge, many hands-on things were really different from the theories which consumed a lot of effort. So during this time, she was so busy that her feet almost did not touch the ground. At first, she still entered the palace to accompany Ye Huaiyang for a chat, but she rarely now.

"I found some efficacious prescriptions which are said to have miraculous effects on regulating the health of pregnant women when I was sorting out the Xie family's medicinal shop. I brought it over thinking that it might be able to heal your hurting back. You let him take a look if it is useful."

Ye Huaiyang naturally understood who the 'he' that she referred to, yet she intentionally teased her, "Who is he ah?"

Perhaps Xie Yun is used to seeing all kinds of livelihood situations since managing the household recently, she is not as introverted bashful as before and merely retorted softly, "Still ask when you know the answer."

Ye Huaiyang covered her mouth and chuckled, yet she did not forget to remind her, "Lu Heng was said to have gone diligently to Xie mansion recently. I told you not to see him, so you had better resist ah."

"It doesn't make any difference whether I resist or not." A shallow arc raised at the corners of Xie Yun's mouth that seemed like a smile but was more of disheartened, "He is just conforming to some kind of unavoidable responsibility, so it is better off not to meet."

"That's not necessarily true."

"Let's not talk about him. How's your health lately? Were you extremely busy when the envoys came to court a while ago? Do you feel unwell?"