Chapter 74 - Debate

The incident at the tea party soon reached the Emperor and the atmosphere in Yuntai Hall was seriously stagnant where the three families of Wang, Xie and Ye gathered.

"His Highness King Lu, please give this minister a reasonable explanation."

As soon as Ye Huaili said that, Chu Luze's face turned unsightly at once.

He is originally a prince entrusted with the care of the Queen Mother and has always had little sense of existence but favorable circumstance became finally available to him after Chu Sanghuai ascended the throne, where he can roughshod others in Wangdu for a period of time; yet ultimately he is still an idle Wangye with no power nor influences. Therefore, he dare not speak out in anger when confronted by the interrogation of Ye Huaili, who holds military power as well as the head of a family.

However, it was originally the Queen Mother's idea for him to marry Wang Wanting in the first place. He knew he had no say on his own marriage and agreed once he saw the delicately beautiful Wang Wanting. Who knew he would only realize how stupid and willful she is after marriage. Not only did she stir chaos in King Lu mansion but also let him lose face completely outside and in just six months, he already deeply detested her.

He actually did not want to come after the incident today but Wang Wanting still holds the title of Wangfei Lu after all, so he could only resign himself to his own bad luck today. Now that Ye Huaili was so overbearing and did not give him the slightest bit of face, he hated that troublemaker even more. He could not help but ponder, even the Empress did not appear using the pretext of experiencing fetus stress. So why should he be the one to clear up Wang Wanting's mess? He might as well take this opportunity to solve all these troubles by divorcing her and be free in the future!

Thinking of this, a glint flashed in his eyes as he spoke slowly, "This is not the first time Wangfei misbehaved. This King has repeatedly admonished to no avail and is now powerless to do anything. If General Ye is bent on making this King explain, this King can only divorce my wife to show impartiality."

As soon as his voice faltered, the cold gaze of Wang Ying pried over that he felt dread and quickly turned away to look at the one in the seat of honor, pretending to wait for the ruling.

At the end of the long white marble stairs, Chu Sanghuai dressed in a vermilion red ceremonial robe sat reclined on the glorious pure gold throne; as he leisurely stroked his chin and teemed with excitement as if watching a good show.

Wang Ying, who no one dares to offend, was forced to stand here to be criticized this time because of his daughter's trouble that the chief minister's prestige was almost completely lost. And Xie Yuan, who did not hesitate to throw his nephew under the bus a few days ago, now ran over to verbally attack the Wang family seeking righteous justice for his niece while the situation of the Ye family was even more interesting. The younger sister who had married out was now injured, but to date, Chu Jinglan–as the husband–was nowhere to be seen instead it was her elder brother, Ye Huaili, who stood out to back her up, which was truly perplexing. Oh, there is still the restless King Lu who is taking this opportunity to divorce his wife and look for another love.

Interesting, it was indeed interesting.

Chu Sanghuai did not want to interrupt them but it was time to say something after squabbling for so long. He glanced at the expressions of the people present and smiled out of the blue, "Don't be anxious, We will certainly handle this matter impartially."

Wang Ying immediately cupped his hands and said, "Your Majesty, although my daughter is somewhat unruly and willful, she could never do such a thing as hurting others. Perhaps there was some verbal dispute that took place at that time where she did not pay attention to her surroundings and accidentally knocked over a teapot. This minister will make her apologize to Wangfei Lan and Miss Xie, and make up for all their losses. Please give this minister and my daughter a chance, Your Majesty."