Chapter 54 - Chat

It was said that Chu Zhenghe was once an infamous loafer in Wangdu, who was wantonly suave and lived life like a game. But since the death of Chu Rong from illness, he went to the fief and stayed there for ten years. It is unavoidable that a life without the company of relatives and friends will be a little dull. So, with Chu Jinglan's arrival this time, he finally can look for fun and make a trip to the mansion all day long whether or not there is a matter to discuss, not mentioning how diligent he is.

Chu Jinglan happened to be away today and Chu Zhenghe had rushed over for nothing.

"Went out? This is really rare. I thought he was going to sit crossed-legged (like a monk in meditation) in the mansion and become immortal."

Even though he said so, Chu Zhenghe absolutely had no intention to go home. He lifted the hem of his sky-blue robe and walked in without haste, as if strolling through the garden.

Unable to figure out his intention, Tang Qingfeng followed behind him cautiously and asked tentatively, "Wangye didn't say when he would be back. How about you come back another day?"

"It doesn't matter. As it happens, this Little King will visit Wangfei." Chu Zhenghe hooked his lips, his demeanor became increasingly unrestrained.

Tang Qingfeng was shocked. He pondered inwardly, this master is one who will not play by the rules and if he does something to Wangfei, would Wangye hack him up when he returns? The more he thought about it, the more he profusely perspired and hurriedly stopped Chu Zhenghe.

"Junwang, as you can see Wangye is not home, isn't it inappropriate for you to meet Wangfei alone?"

"What's inappropriate about it? Wangfei has been sick for so long and I must come to see her no matter what, otherwise it would be a breach of etiquette."

After saying that, Chu Zhenghe walked directly to the winding corridors and like a gust of wind, he was just a few steps away in a blink of an eye where he didn't hesitate at the fork of the road. He finally reached the back garden after several turns, seemingly even more familiar with the place than his own home. Tang Qingfeng chased after him. In the midst of finding a reason to stop him, he, however, halted unexpectedly.

In the waterside pavilion with the quilted door curtain half opened, a delicate little person was reading a book in a rocking chair. With bright eyes and pearly teeth, fair skin like a carved white jade she embellished the plain winter landscape like a splash of bright color.

It was not that he had never seen a beautiful woman before, such as the gorgeous Bai Zhixuan or the graceful Xie Qian, both of whom were unrivalled beauties that are rarely seen in Wangdu. She obviously is not as beautiful as those two, yet she has a unique charm, enchantingly radiant like the sunlight above her head.

Is it possible that Jinglan has been seduced by this face?

Raising his thick eyebrows, Chu Zhenghe stepped closer to the waterside pavilion when Ye Huaiyang turned her head upon hearing the movement and both lines of visions met briefly in the air. Soon after, she heard the faintly raised voice of Chu Zhenghe call out, "Little Cousin-in-Law?"

Ye Huaiyang lowered her chin lightly in salutation. Her voice was still a little weak as she had just recovered from the serious illness, "Junwang Rong, I've been looking forward to meeting you."

"Little Cousin-in-Law isn't the least bit surprised to see me."

"Isn't this Junwang's residence? After letting us stay for so long, it's understandable to come back and have a look." Ye Huaiyang's words were beside the point. She added after a slight pause, "Moreover, I have seen King Uncle Rong and Junwang look very much like him, hence, I don't feel startled."