Whatever it Takes

"Let me in! I'm on the council! I came with the group she was brought in with! I have a right to make sure she is okay!" Valerie demanded as she tried to push past the guards.

"I'm sorry Valerie. We are under stick orders. Only Ty, Matt, and the medical staff are allowed in at this time. If you aren't seriously injured, you can't come in." The guard emotionlessly shared.

"Oh, under strict orders my butt! Let me in! Do you know who I am! I could have you arrested!" Valerie bellowed as her face reddened in anger. Why is it becoming so difficult to get what she wants!?

"Valerie, we are under strict order from Matt. You can threaten us all you want, but it won't make a difference. If we let you pass us our punishment will be worse than anything you could possibly imagine. Now leave before we remove you." The other guard threatened.

Being equally stubborn Valerie stomps a few paces away and sits on the ground. The guards shake their heads in disapproval, but ultimately leave her be. Valerie crosses her arms as she grumbles about how this situation isn't fair and how she's one of the council members. She's in charge too!! However, before Valerie's mind can travel too far down the rabbit hole. Ty pushes through the smoked doors and darts down the hallway. Valerie jumps to her feet and races after Ty as soon as she realizes it was him. This is her opening!!!

"Ty!" Valerie called after him. Ty ignores Valerie and continues walking. He doesn't have time for her games, but Valerie doesn't take the hint and continues to chase after him. The frantic woman finally gets in front of Ty and blocks his path.

"Move Valerie." Ty tapped his foot in annoyance.

"No! How is he, I mean she?" Valerie quickly corrected herself, but Ty's face contorted at her question.

"They are non' of yah business. Why don't yah go do somethin' productive?" Ty offered as he tried to step around her, but Valerie quickly mirrored his movements.

"They are my business; I am Matt's girlfriend after all." Valerie blurted while flipped her hair over her shoulder. Ty stares at her unimpressed.

"Aah don't know what fantasy yah living in but yah not Matt's girlfriend. He will talk to yah when he can." Ty urged as he finally pushed past her.

"No wait. The guys at the door won't let me in. Will you talk to them and get me inside?" Valerie begged as she fluttered her eyelids. Ty is repulsed by Valerie's flirting and recoils away from her.

"No. The guards are followin' Matt's orders. Neither one of us has the authority to tell em what to do. Now if yah would excuse me, Aah have things to do." Ty criticized the woman as he disappeared down the hallway.

Valerie stands frozen with her mouth hanging open. Ever since that no-good woman showed up, no has given Valerie the time of day. Valerie's mind flashes to the woman lying in the infirmary. She grows more agitated as visions of Matt and Alex bombard her mind. How can Alex possibly separate the two of them? On her way back to the medical unit Valerie comes up with a wickedly brilliant plan. 'If you have to be injured to get into the infirmary, I'll just injure myself.' Valerie quickly thought. Hiding from view of the guards Valerie pulls out her Swiss Army knife and stabs the blade into her thigh. There's no turning back now. Screaming in pain Valerie lips over to the guards while blood flows down her leg.

"Please, it was an accident... I was walking down the hallway and tripped. My knife went straight into my leg... I need the doctor!" Valerie stuttered as tears streamed down her face.

The order was to let people in who are seriously injured. Could Valerie have done this to herself? However, the guards don't have time to speculate as a pool of blood quickly formed beneath Valerie. The men nod their heads and stand to the side. Giving Valerie entrance to the medical ward. What the guards missed was Valerie's sick smile as she walked through the smoked doors. Now it's time for her to find the little wench and get rid of her before Alex causes anymore problems. But before Valerie can get more than a few steps inside Nurse Janet blocks her path.