43: After a month

I opened my eyes slowly, the world coming into focus bit by bit

I opened my eyes slowly, the world coming into focus bit by bit. My head throbbed with a dull ache, a painful reminder of the chaos that had ensued. I was in a room, the walls of which seemed vaguely familiar, yet the surroundings were unfamiliar.

A wave of nausea washed over me as I tried to sit up, only to realize I couldn't. A cold dread filled me as I looked down to see myself restrained to the bed. The reality of the situation hit me hard, my heart pounding in my chest.

The fact that I was pregnant only heightened my fear. I had to get out, had to ensure the safety of my baby. But how? I was restrained, in an unknown place, with no idea of how I got here.

I took a deep breath, trying to steady my racing heart. I had to stay calm, had to think. Panic wouldn't help me now. I had to figure out a way to escape, to get back to Nischay. For the sake of me and our unborn child.

As I struggled against the restraints, a noise from the doorway made me freeze. The door creaked open, and a man stepped inside. My heart pounded in my chest as I recognized him. 

Rudra.

He was the last person I expected to see, and his presence filled me with a mix of surprise and anxiety. What was he doing here? Why was I here?

 A whirlwind of emotions swept over me - surprise, fear, anger, and a strange sense of betrayal. He was the man who had left me at the altar, the man who had broken my heart. And now, he was here, in this unfamiliar room, acting as if nothing had happened.

My heart pounded in my chest as I took in his familiar features. His face was the same, yet different. There was a hardness in his eyes that I didn't remember, a coldness that sent a shiver down my spine.

"Are you feeling better now, Zoya?" Rudra said, as he moved closer, smiling. In his hands, he held a tray filled with food. He set it down on a table near the bed, his movements slow and deliberate.

"What are you doing here?" I grit my jaws, struggling to free myself with the ropes. "What am I doing here, you asshole?"

I felt a surge of anger, a burning resentment that made my blood boil. How dare he show up now, after all this time? How dare he act as if nothing had happened, as if he hadn't shattered my world into a million pieces?

"Calm down, princess. Stress is not good for our baby." He whispers, smiling and reaching out his hand to touch me as if he had a right to do so. 

"Our baby?" I scoff, chuckling at his absurdness as I moved my face away from him. "It's not our baby, Rudra. Our baby died a long time ago, and the reason was nothing but you!"

"I know I've been a jerk to you, Zoya. But things can finally be right. I'll be a good father I promise." He reaches out his hand to touch my face again, but I move my face away. 

"Dare to touch me and I swear I'll cut your hands off right now!" I clench my jaws, eyes darkening at him. "I'm not in any mood to talk to you. Untie me now or I'll make you regret it."