18: Unhealed wounds

The meeting just ended, and I came back to my office

"What are you doing?" I asked astounded by the sight my eyes were witnessing.

Tanmay was busy eating something, and the looks on his face clearly showed how much he was enjoying it. He was wearing headphones, watching something on his laptop so he didn't hear me. 

"I see you're so carefree." I walked near and stood behind him. My jaw drops when I see the dish he was having so peacefully.

This otter was eating mango custard, and that too made by my wife.

"Goodness, This is so tastyyyyyyy~~" He squeals as flavors enhanced in his mouth. 

Tanmay fills another spoonful of custard, but I stop him before he could fill in his mouth.

I grabbed his hand, and the spoon drops back in the bowl from his grip. 

"What?" He complains frowning at me, taking off his headphones. 

I didn't bother to pass a grin and grabbed the bowl of custard. "Who said you could eat this?"

I fill a spoonful of custard in my mouth.

My eyes fall close as sweetness burst in my mouth, that suddenly makes me want to see her. I wonder if she tastes as sweet as this custard.

"Bhai!" My not so pure fantasy was broken when the ugly screech reached my ear. I found Tanmay glaring at me, "Bhabhi said we shall share it."

I scoffed and took a seat on the chair near him. "I don't share. Specially, when it's something that's only meant for me. And you've had enough already. 

He raises a brow at me as things didn't go in his mind right. 

"I mean I don't feel like sharing something that my wife made just for me."

He looks away cocking a brow at me. "You're so obsessed over your wife." 

I am unable to find any lie in his words. "I am, but sad that she doesn't even care." I say shoving another spoon of custard in my mouth. 

Tanmay looks back at me, resting his face on his hands. "Is something wrong between you guys?"

 I was afraid if I could give him any answer. I do not even want to talk about it. 

"Did Zoya come here herself?" I asked to divert the conversation.

He nods his head, his eyes fixed on the bowl of custard. I'm not giving it to him.

"Yes, she came here herself. But you were in the meeting hall with the Johnson's, so I didn't tell you. I even asked her if I should call you, but she refused. She said she didn't want to disturb you."