2: Chaos in the wedding

A month later,

"Don't stress too much, you are getting married today." I mumbled to myself and looked in the mirror. I try everything, chant every useless mantra to calm myself as my heart feels something weird running through unusually. An absurd feeling is making me tense ever since I had started to get ready for the wedding. 

I sighed and placed my hand at my heart. "It's okay. Breathe." I said to myself or else I was going to have a panic attack. As my eyes meet to myself, a small smile graced my lips finally seeing myself in the deeply adorned red lehenga, that was studded with fine work of stone and pearls all over.

But as time passed, I lose my senses and started getting nervous looking at the time. My whole family, relatives and the whole media is out there, and I am nervous as hell. I am fucking tensed out, pacing back forth in the room. My gut feeling is telling me something bad is going to happen.

Everything is going to be ok, Zoya. 

My thoughts break, and I looked up to find Reya when the doors opened. Her face is draped in tension and worry, that doesn't help but makes me frown.

"What's wrong, Reya?" I asked calmly breaking her trance.

"Zoya...Voh...Rudra...." She couldn't even complete her sentence even when her voice was shattered. She did nothing but scare me. "What happened to him?" I asked just then in fear.

"I....He...Zoya." she mumbled wiping her tears. I held hands and asked her again. "Tell me what's wrong, Reya. Before I pass out, please." Nervousness built in my own.

"Zoya,... Rudra.... He... he... he ran away from the marriage," She stuttered while uttering the unrealistic words I heard, I refused to believe what she just said. "Tell me you're joking, please, Reya. This isn't the time--

"I'm not joking, Zoya. He ran away like a coward, leaving you alone. His family showed up with this letter, that he wrote for you. They apologized to your family and....they left. People are still waiting for the bride and groom."" She completed giving me the letter which Rudra has left with his family. My hands trembled as I my eyes flew wide open not able to realize what she has just said. No way he can leave me in such a situation. There are thousands of guests, and he ran away handing me a mere crap of a letter?

With trembling hands, as tears streamed down my face, I opened the folded letter.

Dear Zoya,
I know when you will get this letter, you will never forgive me, but I want you to hear me out before coming to any conclusion. You know how much I love you, Zoya. You mean my life to me, and I mean everything we did together. But I can't show up at the wedding, Zoya. Do you remember I auditioned for a movie? Two days ago, I got the call from the directors, and they've selected me. There was no way I could miss this golden opportunity, Zoya. You know acting is my passion. You know how long I have been dreaming to debut in the movies. You understand me, right? I had no other option because they'd told me to leave the other day. I couldn't tell you. I am so sorry.