40: His love is rough

This is ridiculous

This is ridiculous. Absolutely ridiculous.

"And you let him go?" I spat at Tanmay, nearly lunging on him to grab his collar as he stood at a distance of five steps away from me.  

Fatigue had made me fall into a slumber while we were in the car, and I didn't even realize when Nischay left. He, in fact, saw everything. He saw every bruise, every scar, even caressed my stomach where I was stabbed. 

It breaks my heart into shards just to imagine what he might be feeling. 

"I was in a dilemma, Bhabhi. Bhai didn't leave me with another option." Tanmay says, voice coated with honesty. I couldn't disapprove, he carefully carried me to the bedroom upon his brother's command and even was leaving if only I hadn't woken up on time. 

Panic grows in me as I held my temple, breath vanishing as my chest heaved with distress. "Do you at least have an idea where he is?" I ask, having the slightest bit of hope that he would know. 

But to my misfortune, Tanmay shakes his head slowly, guilt pooling in his eyes.  "Bhai was up to something." He says, walking toward me slowly and takes a seat on the couch. "I did sent a driver behind him. He would know." 

Hope flickers in his eyes as well as mine, as Tanmay swiftly calls the number. 

"Put it on speaker." I tell him, not wanting to be deceived again. Tanmay does as I tell him to. 

"Hello?" The person on the other side says.

Tanmay takes no other minute to utter, "Raghu, is Bhai fine? Are you with him?" 

We looked at each other, hoping for a positive answer, but all we receive is a breathy panicked voice.

"Nischay sir left alone with the car. He urged me to get out and let him drive, and when I opposed, he forcefully threw me out and drove away somewhere."

Panic explodes my chest, leaving a gaping wound, raw and pulsating. 

I look at Tanmay, eyes pooling with tears as he rasped. "You could've stopped him, Raghu! Isn't it what you're supposed to do? To take care of your boss?"

"I'm sorry, sir." Raghu breathed, voice rasping. "I tried to stop him, but he was so angry and even drunk. I was scared as he couldn't even walk properly due to the alcohol and even had injured himself. But despite of everything, I couldn't stop him. He warned that he'd fire me if I didn't listen to him, yet I did everything to stop him, sir."

"Go to hell, damn it!" Tanmay grunts under his breath, slamming the phone on the couch in anger as he held his temper. 

"He's drunk." I mutter, clutching the material of the silk mattress as tears spilled down my cheeks. "He's even injured, and—and mad. He's hurting himself."

"Bhabhi—

Tanmay begins, taking a stroll toward me but I senselessly reach my hand out to grab my phone from the nightstand. My fingers dialed Nischay's number, trembling as my throat shuddered with every breath. I was inhaling shards of panic, terror and ache.