4: Zoya weds Nischay

Yes, it was finally happening

I was going to marry the love of my life. 

Ever since the day I got to know about Zoya's wedding, I couldn't sleep. But soon will be the day when she would be living with me. Under the same roof, in the same room, on the same bed??

I want to jump in happiness and tell the world that my dreams were finally happening. 

But I still had to hold on because I still haven't told anyone about this. No one knows that Zoya tried to end her life for the nth time. They didn't know that I was going to marry her no matter what. 

My dad, mom and Zoya's mom were still in the room where Zoya's dad was being medicated.

As soon as I stepped in the room, they looked at me. They stared at me as if I had committed a sin. But I didn't care. Gladly, Zoya's dad has gained consciousness. 

He looked at me worriedly, probably for her daughter. I wait no other second to pass and I went to him. His hands were trembling, I held them. 

My heart clenches to see how hard he was trying to speak but he couldn't. Only tears were dropping from his eyes silently. 

It hurts me more that I can understand what he wants to say.

"She's okay, Uncle." I tell him grabbing his hands firmly as he breathed slowly. He closed his eyes and let out a shaky breath. Again, that look of his overwhelming emotions melts me. 

I know he wants the best for his daughter. I want the same too. 

So, I closed my eyes and looked down. 

I had to tell him. 

"I want to marry Zoya, uncle." I stuttered twice while saying that. "I want your daughter as my wife." 

Each and every person present in the room widened their eyes at me. I knew it even though I wasn't looking at them. My eyes were staring right in her father's eyes while I was making my confession. 

"I want to marry your daughter. I love her and I want to make her mine."

His eyes softened, so as my voice as I ended my words. 

I had expected him to probably push me away. I had thought he would slap me or tell me to stay away from his daughter but instead, he feathered his hand over my head. 

"I can never find a guy better than you for her, Nischay." he was finally able to speak. And when he did, I wanted to jump in happiness. His eyes were soft and emotional. No time passed when he engulfed me in a warm hug. 

I don't know if my parents would agree but I cared nothing now. 

The only thing I knew was that I am marrying her, even if the world falls apart.