1: Heartbreaker blue

"C'mon you've gotta be kidding me." Tanmay scoffs opening the little navy-blue box, his gaze bewildering as he stares at the diamond ring, that I especially got designed for my future wife. 

The honored smile on my smile grows wider as I slowly take a seat beside him. 

"Is it perfect?" I ask him, inciting him to give me a prideful look.

"It's so fucking beautiful, Nischay." 

My smile fades as my brows grew serious. "I don't want it to beautiful. I want it to be perfect. Perfection deserves perfection. You realize?"

Tanmay shakes his head in pure disbelief, amused by my not-so-amusing words. "It's more than perfect, Nischay. It's absolutely precious." 

I was finally satisfied with his answer and convinced that I could propose my love finally.

"You think she'd say yes?" I ask him, after drawing myself into an ocean of controversial thoughts. 

My jaw nearly drops as I find him attempting to touch the blue sapphire of the ring. 

I snatch it way before he could feel the roughness of the gem against his fingertips. "How dare you?!"

"What?" His jaw drops as he stares at me in a gaze of betrayal. "I can't even touch it?" 

"No."

Tanmay looks away, scoffs and then looks back. "For your kind information. I was the one who granted this ring agreeable for a proposal."

"So what?" I take his enlightenment as a piece of useless shit. 

"This ring belongs to my future wife, my soulmate." I said as I adjusted the ring cautiously at its place. "Are you my future wife?" my stern gaze and courteous smile didn't please him. 

He relaxes himself back on the chair and runs a hand through his hair giving me a nonchalant smile. "I am just waiting for the day I'll be at your place, and you'll be at mine."

I tried to suppress the urge to laugh out loud at his words full of sarcasm and shoved the little blue box back in the drawer of my office desk. 

"That's never gonna happen. History will change but Tanmay Agnihotri will never get into a girl more than dating."

He tries to resist the urge to throw hands at me. "I will. One day it will happen, and you'll see bawling your eyes out."

"We'll see." and that's how we made a bet on something that will never happen.

My phone vibrates out of the blue as I and Tanmay were having a eye fighting. My smirk turns into a smile as soon as the profile picture of someone in a pink sweater comes into my view.