23: Upside down

Zoya opens her eyes slower than a turtle on cocaine

Zoya opens her eyes slower than a turtle on cocaine. And then it takes an hour for her to comprehend the surroundings. She isn't the person who can hurriedly get off the bed and run off to work. She is that one kind who takes half of the morning to settle in her senses. 

And soon, when she slowly comes back from the drowsiness, she realizes she's been wearing my shirt which wasn't on her last night. And now she'll shout my name at the top of her lungs. 

"NISCHAY!" 

I have been waiting for her to wake up in the last fifteen minutes, and she's finally come out of sleep. "Good morning, sleeping princess." I smiled widely keeping the breakfast on the table. 

"What?" She raises her brow. "What made you so happy?" 

"Nothing." I sat near her and kissed her cheek and her face blooms into crimson. "Why am I wearing your shirt?" Zoya asks without any clue. I leaned closer to her and whispered. "Because you dosed off after taking the medicines and I couldn't let you sleep in that heavy work outfit of yours." 

"Oh." She nods her head and grabs the sandwich from the table, and without hesitation takes a bite as I stared at her in disbelief. "We've your appointment with the doctor, Zoya. You shouldn't eat anything." I presented my opinion, but she keeps looking at the scenery outside the glass walls. "You should've told me before. I was too hungry to remember."

Lord, what do I do with her?

"Put it down." I took the sandwich from her hand before she could take another bite. "Eat as much as you want after the doctor, I won't stop you." She frowns at me huffing in anger and crossed her arms at her chest. "Why did you tempt me then?" I laughed at her adorable antic. "It was for me."

Zoya sighs and nudges me away with her arms. "Go away." She starts tying up her hair. "Yeah, and you go get ready." I glanced at the clock above our bed. "An hour remains only." I ruffled her hair and got up to leave. 

But Zoya grabs my arm and pulls me back to the bed. She kisses my cheek swiftly. "Thank you." She says while smiling. "For what?" I frowned.

"For everything." 

I chuckled and kissed her lips softly. "Get ready. We have to leave soon."

While Zoya was in the shower, her phone rang. I ignored the call for once, but the stubborn caller kept calling. I got up from the bed and picked up the phone when it rang for the fifth time. 

Unknown number. Woah.

I held the phone close to my ear and a voice chimed before I could start. 

"Hello, Butterfly!" The familiar voice made my blood to rush fiercely through my veins. One of the reasons why I don't pick up unknown numbers.