17: Custard

I am sitting in my bed staring at the ceiling blankly

How ironic. I was once so happy that I had made the decision to trust him and give us a chance.  But here I am thinking about the wind that blew and shattered the house of cards I had made in my heart.

Tears are flowing out of my eyes unstoppably, and I do not bother to wipe them. My heart is ripping apart just by a mere thought of him leaving me alone. 

Seven days at my dad's house, I got to realize that I was at fault. I thought a lot about what the lady at the hospital said to me. And I had decided to give us a chance. 

I had thought that Nischay bought the ring for the girl whom he loves, and I was the one becoming an obstacle between them. But another part of my heart said he doesn't love his girlfriend anymore that's why he didn't propose her yet and agreed for the marriage. 

If he had a girlfriend, he would have never said yes to this marriage. He would have never called me as his wife if he loved someone else. 

I assured myself that the ring had no meaning. I wanted us to start a new beginning. 

But my plans took a turn when I got to know about my pregnancy. 

Just when I thought there was a hope, I was devastated. 

There was a time when I even thought to abort the baby. But I couldn't. 

I couldn't brace myself to kill my own blood. 

"Zoya?" I hear Ahana's voice, as she knocked on the door softly. I wipe my tears at a pace so no one could see how broken I am as a mother. 

Ahana opens the door and comes inside. "I prepared soup for you." She smiles placing the bowl on the bed. I thanked her gathering the blanket close to me so she could sit. 

"So, what are you planning on?" Ahana says, as she seats herself on the bed comfortably. I looked at her with confusion, "Like what?" She giggles seeing my reaction. "About the baby, Zoya. What do you want? A boy? Or a girl?" my heart clenches while she was so happy talking about this. 

I looked down blankly as I had no answer to give her. 

"Leave it, you know how happy we were when the doctor announced your pregnancy?" she squeaks, using her hands to gesture her joy. "Finally ek naya mehmaan aayega is ghar mein. Tumhe pata hai, Avi bohot khush hoga." tears were ready to pool out of my eyes as words rolled of her tongue. 

My lips were sealed all the time while she blabbered, and I feel like crying my heart out. 

What would happen when they'll realize the truth?

I was drowned in my own dilemma until the next words rolled off Ahana's tongue. "Nischay was beyond shocked when I told him he was going to be a dad."