41: The game of faith

"Nischay?" 

"Nischay?" 

My slumber breaks when I hear my name, soft and melodious from Zoya's mouth. Her soothing smile is the very first thing my eyes witness as sleep clears off my mind completely. 

"Good morning." Zoya mumbles softly, and plants a kiss to my lips. She's lying upon my chest, naked from top to bottom, and so am I. 

"Kya baat hai? Aaj bohot pyaar aa rha hai subah subah?" I wrap an arm around her and pull her close, drawing circles over her bare back smoothly. 

"Pyaar toh mujhe humesha aata hai, par tumhe kaam se hi fursat nahi milti."  

I could only smile at the sight of her in my arms and planted a kiss to her forehead. I press her close to me, her bareness brushing against mine, and she nuzzles her face into my chest. 

"Suno na?" Zoya whispers softly, her fingers brushing against my chest. 

"Hm?"

Silence fell for a few seconds, and I felt if she was hesitating. 

"Mujhe pata hai tum kahan gaye the us raat."

My grip on her tightened as words spilled out of her mouth, an unspoken fear coiling deep within me. 

"I won't ask you what happened that night, Nischay." Zoya, perhaps aware of my thoughts, slowly cups my face and looks up, her eyes staring into mine, filled with love and care. "But whatever she has manipulated you into believing is all a veneered lie. Trust me, she's not what she seems. I know you're being framed, and I even know you assume she was behind the attack too."

Her eyes, an ocean of devotion and faith, so dreamlike I could drown in them. They make me believe that I deserved her. Hell, even if I don't, she belongs to me.

I believe Zoya, my wife. I trust only her and no one else. 

"I trust you, Nischay." Zoya says, eyes full of reassurance, "I'll be there for you in the good and bad times, and even in the worst. I wouldn't leave you for a second, even if the whole world stands against you. I believe you, and my faith will stay untouched despite of whatever you're accused of ever. I will never believe and love anyone but you, Nischay. I promise." 

"Consider those my words for you, love."

Zoya chuckles as I brush her hair, but her smile soon fades into a sad gloom. "You realize? The case's first hearing is scheduled for today."

I nod my head slowly, somewhere feeling the worry growing in her.

Zoya takes my hand and kisses my knuckles, lingering there for a second before she looks up into. "I want a promise from you, Nischay. Would you give me it?"