TLM 10th Anniversary Color Wheel (and the story behind it)

I have been waiting for this moment for a long time in my life and it came to the point that my favorite movie had reached its tenth anniversary (or the franchise, rather, since it's very relevant).

And I made an artwork to showcase it.

(To see the artwork itself, scroll all the way to the end, but I recommend you read the whole thing first.)

***

So it has been ten years since I have watched The Lego Movie and that it made me get inspired altogether to pursue what I want to be, which is art and writing, to start up on my own fandom favorite and all that linked to it.

I mean, can you imagine? The very first Warner Animation Group film, the first theatrical released movie focused on Legos, a supposed "commercial", one that reached the top animated films of 2014, and one which helped spark the continuous rise of Lego fanatics?

Yep.

That.

And me being a fan was just so nostalgic to my childhood.

Yeah, it's a bit awkward now that the movie series became underrated above all those Disney and other animated films who were so popular that they appear on every item you buy at the store and at the malls you visited, every theme park you've been, and everything else. But hey, it did helped a lot that it went to mainstream media after it came out.

Can you recall? 12-year old me, watching the movie for the first time on HBO when movie tickets are out of the financial question? Me whose imagination was enhanced and influenced into expanding her favorite thing in a a non-canon kind of way? Me at 2020 watching the sequel online, to which my love for the movie has expanded and that what made me go straight to here (which is this website, duh) and make a TLM fanfic about the main character being a superhero?

I have to tell, since I have been talking too much.

TLM has made me happy ever since I saw the film. It was one of my overall favorite movies in my life, if not recalling NATM and others more that I cannot mention, and that everything they have, from the characters to the plot and even the franchising linked to it, it related me for a lot of reasons. Long story short, I am in love with it.

I think I might have said that before.

Anyway, I can relate that one ordinary guy with a very simple repetitive life filled with hidden dystopia inside a bustling city, one that nobody expects to know much of, has stumbled upon an adventure of his own, one that centered on defying against the rules and building whatever the heck you want, and what can be learned from it. I mean, it has to, since those rebels are tired of the same old instruction manuals that they defy them and just "go with it".

It involved not just that same guy who was a construction worker; it had a hottie who was very rebellious and smart (not a DJ, duh), a wizard whose eyes became blind and that he held a chewed lollipop stick, a famous DC character, a fantasy creature who ruled a no-rules land and who enjoys cute and colorful stuff but was angry deep inside, a space guy from the 80s, a pirate made out of spare bricks, a cop who has two faces and follows orders, and last of all, a businessman who's also a president and the one who created all that dystopia in the first place, now armed with a nearly empty tube of super glue.

It centered not only on the current scenario of businessmen running for president in some countries and what can go with it, but it also focuses on a child's difficult relationship with his father, to which the child reflects his problems with the sets his father built (and one that makes the whole story happen), and of the many possible ways a child can express its imagination through the use of colorful toys like those.

I guess I have explained a lot. (Well, it's kinda long, you can quit if you want.)

However, after that, there were those toy sets and theme park attractions. People on social media sharing what the love about the movie. And all those movie interviews and such.

But then came the downfall.

The Second Part, the sequel, as some say, has failed miserably; they say that it lacked the appeal of the first, and that it told of just that same old kid having a difficult relationship with his sister and about the concept of growing up. How could it be when the movie tells of two separate worlds trying to unite together only to be ruined by one depressed guy from the future and, after he's gone, everyone gets along? I mean, there's some music, new characters, new places to be, great animation style... do I even have to make a full list?

It sparked somehow for the creators and producers to quit the whole thing together and move the new franchising rights to Universal Studios. Warner Bros still owns the movie series, but that doesn't mean that it will continue on as its predecessors who had succeeded in box office sales and critical reception (except on the last two, they have some critical reviews). But they said five years (yes, you heard that right) to make a new one, and it's already been five years. When are they going to make it!?

Okay, MW. Calm down.

Anyway, I loved the sequel just the same as the first, if referring the characters, the setting, and the musical soundtracks it had. Plot wise, I loved the first one better.

I know. Don't judge me.

But hey, at least we all have that same idea. (Or not.)

Have to tell you this; the movie series has me inspired to make art and fanfics (like I said), and that it also inspired me to create my own fictional persona (who do you think I am?). Also, if no one was telling you this, I have been making my own set of alternate universes in my head which by no reason was too obscured to be put into writing (except on what I already made now), and I have my own set of movie OCs. Yep. Don't ask why.

It got me to the point that I had made a lot of fanart regarding my favorite movie, which I have posted here on this book and on my DA account (go check it out). You may have seen most of it. But I have a new one to show you.

You heard that right. A new art piece.

A digital one, though. It's very obvious (since I am a digital artist), and that I posted it firsthand on DA to get some clout. But hey, at least I have to show it here, too, since I know you have been waiting a long time for you guys, and it has been a while since I posted something here.

It does relate to that Color Wheel Challenge on Twitter last year though ~

Anyway, you waited long enough. Here's the piece I said about:

This one was made before during the third and fourth weeks of January, so that I can have more time to edit it before the anniversary date (TBH, I have no clear idea when it actually was), and that I have to include everyone in it

Well, what do you think?

A vote will do if you like it.

Anyway, I have enough talking. Share what you feel about this in the comments below.

Happy 10th anniversary, TLM!

***

(Side note: I was making this while on vacation, so let's just say, I'm kinda okay with that if anyone isn't bothering me to go swim in the pool~)

That's all for now! Stay tuned for more updates!