Heroes of My Universe: Signature Colors (and the story behind it all)

I have been busy on one artwork lastly and have it posted on the book already, but since it's not being shown yet, I have to show it in here instead.

Yeah, it's not a deniability sort of thing when I was still into my own original story I posted two years (no, three years) ago, and I have been into my own characters that I couldn't stop resisting with.

Here's the story of how that artwork was made, and why the title says so like that.

***

Let's just say that I was bored to heck at that time and I wanted to do something else during my vacation stay, since TV shows are now boring nowadays and people now stream on the internet for anything they like for entertainment.

And at that time, I was tired of browsing the same old posts on Facebook and eventually wanted to do something else for myself.

It then came in.

I stumbled across a Reel on FB that tells me of how to do something that helps you get over your artist block, those that say that you don't have any idea what to make for your art next or feel like you are in the middle of an art project and that you are feeling like it's not done yet but don't want to.

It's hard to make sense on this one, but let's just simplify it by saying, if you wanted to make some art to cope with your boredom, choose something that can be found around your house or surrounding areas, and use it as a medium for your next artwork. It can be big or small, as long as it's simple in shape, appearance and, well, just as it is.

That's what I did.

I skipped the internet binge-streaming (for that time) and went to look around my bedroom for something to use for my next art. And when I did, I come upon the actual drawing I made of the nine Heroes from my original story that I have colored it in with colored pens and stuck to the wall of my bedroom with nothing but thick Scotch tape, which somehow showed the gang in standing positions. (If you wanna see the original photo of the artwork, go check out the post "To Creativity and Further Up" in this book.)

That did get me, yet again.

I looked upon my drawing I had on my wall, and thought, hey, MW, you had made one artwork of those guys before, why not draw them in their own signature colors they represent with?

That is what I did.

So I went off to my favorite drawing app on my phone (the very basic Ibis Paint app, obviously the free version of it), and as I went off to grab my DIY stylus I made from an old metallic pen cartridge and some wet cotton (since I couldn't afford a drawing stylus, too expensive for me), I went to work on the drawing I planned over, until...

Wait a minute.

My thoughts went again. Hey MW, you REALLY don't have any idea what your drawing is!

Bummer.

Welp, I closed down the app and instead turned to my second sketchbook I stashed before in my bedroom shelves (remember Sketchbook Shenanigans #5?). Went into finding some empty pages, and upon finding one, went to grab all the pencils I can use - those that were used before for my literal book project - and some erasers and a cutter knife. I don't use pencil sharpeners now (call me a psycho if you want).

And yep, I went to work on the artwork I made.

It was just firsthand a pencil drawing, obviously. And since the last drawing I made of the Heroes were those of the fictional ones and not the protagonists - Sandra and Ken - I decided to include them in. And, I have to give them some action poses, 'cause why not?