50 Things I Know as an Artist and an Author (that you should listen to)

Here's what I learned when I became what I am on the creative side of myself:

***

1. You have a unique style of art and work and nobody else will try to copy it except you.

2. You are different than everyone else in terms of how you express yourself in an artwork or a story.

3. Your favorite author/artist becoming inactive online? Perhaps they're upset or depressed on a problem that they feel confused to solve by themselves, which is most common among us all.

4. It's all right to feel jealous at someone else's art or story, as long as you get inspired and will try to do better than the one you're jealous with.

5. Most common excuse for artists? Being busy at something, but can't say what's for. Thing is, they're actually lazy.

6. If not lazy, they might be into their schedule for school, work, family, relationship, or maybe just felt depressed or anxious at something they felt too lazy to fix.

7. Your opinion is yours. What others think on their works that you dislike, you should not interfere them. You don't want them to hate you later.

8. What you like is what you like. What you love is what you love, too. Don't interfere with what others like or love that wasn't yours.

9. You can join the trend as long as you stick to the rules that was meant for everyone. Never make your own, unless you asked for permission first.

10. You can't copy anything unless you ask first or make your own from that idea.

11. It's ok to get seriously mad when someone criticizes you, as long as you understand you made that mistake and will never make that mistake again.

12. It's okay when the story or artwork you made was terrible and ugly, as long as the readers or watchers care much about you and admired all your work, even if it's bad. They just don't care if it's ugly or not, unless they're judgemental.

13. It's okay as well to get mad at someone for disrespecting your right to be unique, as long as you learn not to get along with that person again, or understand about what you have and make it better next time.

14. It's okay to be sad and anxious when writing or drawing something, as long as you'll get better soon and focus on what you left behind.

15. Trolls are just kids or "kid-brained" teens who only wanted attention and are mentally retarded. Avoiding them is best than intermingle with them, as that will force them to troll you more.

16. Know when you have to backup everything, including your art and your stories. Losing what you love is the biggest pain you get, so backups avoid it from happening.

17. It's okay when you lack a lot of research on things, or when you have a few research material used in the art/story, as long as it was beautiful when you show it to your audience. (But just in case, the internet is the best source you got.)

18. It's okay to ask for a friend when you feel like you can't.

19. It's okay to say hi to a stranger you never met. It's good for both of you when you did.

20. It's okay to explore new things when you feel like you can't, too.

21. It's okay if you're not feeling well. You'll get better soon.

22. When you feel doubted, remember that someone else is supporting you that you didn't even notice yet.

23. The read number count shows how much the people right here had loved your story.