Forty Eight - Artemis

"And it's like this every night?" I ask with a smile as I look up at the sky

"And it's like this every night?" I ask with a smile as I look up at the sky. The night sky was beautiful.

"Not every night, but most - the shades change obviously but it's a gorgeous sight." He smiled as we watched the sky. I had somehow migrated over to him during the dinner-date and was now seated almost on top of him.

"Can i?" He asked as he held his hands out. We'd been talking for a long while, he knows a bit about what the last few years entailed. I know I shouldn't have dumped it all on the first.... first date, but I really felt I could trust him, in my gut. It was a different feeling of trust that I don't think I'd ever felt before. Ever.

"Mhm" I nod after some thinking and he gently lifts me onto his lap and encases me in his arms. He doesn't make any other move besides leaning back a little and pulling the blanket up. We watch the sky in silence, I was having a nice time in his presence. Even the silence was comforting with him.

"I should probably get you home, hmm? Aurelia will be wondering how it went..." He asks, but didnt make a move

I hum in agreement, but i also didn't make any attempts to move

"Otherwise...There's a line dancing bar nearby, they're open late...you interested?" He suggested, and I sat up a little with a smile

"I've never been, if you teach me I'll come" I offer and he nods, excitement lights up his face as he gently gets up and out of the truck bed. The sun had set, leaving us in dim lighting as I hopped out too, he caught me and carried me to the passenger seat before going round to the driver's seat.

"Music?" He offered as he nodded to the radio but I shook my head

"I'll let you pick" I said, concious of my music taste. But he surprised me by taking his phone and plugging it in and playing some Taylor Swift

"You like Taylor? I'm a fan, so you say no and that'll be a deal-breaker" He asked and teased as he started to drive

"Yea she's good" I smile, trying not to freak out about the fact he likes her too! Thea would be so happy. I sent her a quick text

Dane system

If Thea is there, let her know I'm on a first date and the guy is listening to Taylor Swift!!!

Jrjdjfjd oh my godh! Artttttt you beautiful lady!! I'm so excited! What song!!! - Thea

From Debut, Teardrops on my Guitar, but it's a shuffle mix! Hope you are all healing well!

Thea responded pretty quickly before I wished them well and headed offline after saying they had to go.

We drove to the club, and walked in. He kept me close, and his action of not quite touching me, but keeping me close made me feel safe.

"Nate! Haven't seen you in a while buddy! Cold out tonight huh, Who's the pretty lady?" A man behind the bar smiled and I looked to Nathan

"Hey Mark, this is Artemis. You got any boots she can use?" He asked and Mark nodded

"What size? We have a group starting up in about ten minutes. Any drinks?" Mark asked and I couldn't help but freeze a little. I'd worked through a lot, but alcohol was still a bit of a hurdle.

"Size six please, and a pepsi if you've got one" I smile and he nods, handing me some shoes and getting me a pepsi. Nate followed my drink choice and opted for non-alcoholic too, before leading me to a booth so I could put the shoes on.

"You come here often then? He knew you by namr" I ask, making conversation and he shrugged

"Sort of. Me and my buddies come down every so often, but it's been so busy I haven't been able to recently. We might run into them though." He told me and I nodded, thankful for the heads up.

An announcement was made and Nathan pulled me to the floor where a group of people gathered. We had a great time, and I was sad when it ended. These people seemed lovely.

"Come on then, let's drop you home" we headed to the car after dropping my boots off. The red pickup truck sat in the parking space, and I marvelled at the stars above. it was beautiful.

~~~

"How was it!" Aurelia rushes to the door when I walk in and I smile

"Amazing, he was so kind and sweet. I told him about the state of my mind and he was super understanding. We had a barbecue In the field on his pickup truck before going to a line dancing club. I had so much fun....I think....I think I'll see him again... Is that wrong?" I ask, my thoughts suddenly turning to guilt over the men who'd fallen head over heels for me. The men I couldn't love anymore.

"Only you know the answer to that. You weren't well, and were only getting worse staying with them. You did what you had to, and I don't think you should feel guilty about moving on because you guys did break up, and they're no longer in a relationship with you. Your heart can always hold a place for them, but you're allowed to move on" She tried to comfort me but I still felt guilty.

I never wanted to cut them out completely, I just....I don't know. But it's not fair to play with their feelings and bounce around being their friend when I know they have feelings

"Maybe I should call one of them?" I suggest and Aurelia shrugs.

"I don't know if that's a good idea. I think you should settle in and go where life takes you. If they call you then answer if you want, but don't ring them." I nodded in understanding, my hair - now chin-length - tickled my ear as she showed me around. She'd been busy setting up the house, and I had to say she'd done a speedy and amazing job. The flat looked amazing

"Now, this is your room" she opened the door, and dandelion immediately flew onto the bed as we entered the last room.

"Wow, you've...this is amazing. Thank you Aurie" I smile and she looked absolutely elated at my happiness

"I'm really happy you like it" she smiled before we headed back to the living room and putting a film on. We sat together on the sofa with a blanket, dandelion joined us, snuggling between as I slowly drifted off to the film, dreams entering my head about how my life should be.

---
Posted: 20.05.2024

Double update! Second part coming later today