Forty Three - Milo

"I'm sorry Blue, he's struggling with his own issues. It's not your fault - you're a good boy" I mumbled to my little companion as we walked back into the Airbnb we've been staying at for the past week.

The music played as my phone re-connected to the Alexa, instantly switching off my brain and allowing me to calm down whilst I let Blue off the lead. I needed some time to think anyway, and now that I've started I don't know how to stop. Seeing Trinette having her episodes was horrible, and it was made worse by the fact that she was changed. But the hospital was the final straw.

It made me see clearly....

How can I be a part of something so horrific? A mafia caused that, Our mafia's own disputes caused that aftermath... And if it happened to Trins, how many other people have been subject to the same treatment? At the hands of any mafia, including the one I was born into?

How many peoples lives have been destroyed? How many sparks have been put out? How many loved ones have had to witness the aftermath...how many have had to suffer?

So I started looking into it... And the hatred for myself grew.

The guys have tried to contact me so many times, I don't know how they ever loved me...and I don't know if I can love them anymore. I can't even love myself. Even thinking about it makes me feel ill.

And that realisation breaks my heart. I didn't even realise the tears until Blue came over and licked them off my face

"What are we gonna do, Blue?" I mumbled and he just smiled, climbing into my lap when he'd gotten permission.

"Hi Miles, uhm...thanks for answering. We need your help...." My phone spoke from underneath Blue's fluff and belly - he must've answered an incoming call when he stepped up to me. I fished for my phone before answering

"Blue answered. What do you need me for" I answered, hoping everyone was still okay

"In our raid on the warehouse, we found two people who were being held. It was the one Trins was kept in. The people - Ralph and Alma - need help tracking down their families, they just want to get back home. London can't help, Alessia had another hospital trip yesterday." Ryan explained and I sighed. I really need to see London again soon...check that her and Aisley are okay, as well as the Quads...

"Alright. I'll be there in thirty, but I'm doing this for the families. Not for you." I state, picking up my shoes as Blue gets himself ready. He's very well trained, he just had a bad morning the other day...I don't know what set him off...

"Yep. And Milo? I'm sorry" he said

"Okay" I hung up and left with Blue, it wasn't far but I knew what I needed to do and say.

Half an hour later, I was on the doorstep and knocked. Ryan almost instantly opened and gripped me into a hug, I had to pull away.

"Don't touch me, please." I whispered as I headed inside and to the living room

"You must be Milo, a pleasure to meet you" the gentleman smiled as he shook my hand. He looked kind and gentle

"I won't be long" I log into the computers and Liam gives me the appropriate information.

They could've done this themselves.

James let's his arms wrap around me and I shake my head

"I'm just here to track their families down. I can't do this with you guys anymore." James instantly removes himself from me like he'd been burned and the guys look at my watery eyes focused on the screen.