Forty - Trinette

"I spoke to them again the other day

"I spoke to them again the other day." I admitted to my psychologist, Emma, and she nodded, writing something down. "It didn't go well. I could've handled it much better." I played with dandelions golden fur as I spoke, avoiding eye contact.

"And why do you think that?" She asked, eliciting a big sigh from me as I looked up

"I scared him. I told him about the psych hospital, he didn't sound happy for me, he sounded scared and worried. It hurt so instead of staying on the phone I walked away" her eyes locked with mine as she handed me a tissue when she noticed my voice crack with sadness.

"It's a big decision, we discussed this with your parents and they came around. Not everyone will understand what you're doing or why, you know that this will help you, But It can be scary for loved ones to hear-" she started explaining and I almost went to speak up but didn't. It didn't feel right. ‘loved ones’... Were we lovers anymore? I didn't know how I felt....

I gathered my breathing before looking back to my psychologist

"What are you thinking?" The doctor asked

"I just...I don't know...I think we should head off. It's getting close to the time they want me there." I changed the topic, standing up and leaving the dining room where we were so I could grab my bags.

We got in the car, music playing on the radio as I sat in the backseat. I'd miss my family, and Dandelion. It hurt to think that I didn't know how long I'd be away for.

When I got there, The hospital environment put me a little bit on edge, but I took some breaths and headed in with my psychologist. My Newfound family had said goodbye at home so as to not crowd the waiting area I sat in whilst I was signed in. It was nice to have a big family, and they all accepted me with loving, open arms. Basilio was very sweet, always wanting to be with or near me and all of them were lovely. I felt a little bitter towards them though, I didn't get the childhood they were given.

"Artemis Bertoli-Pavladi?" One of the Nurses called out my name - which I changed as soon as I was mentally prepared to do so. Finding out the origins of the name I had made me sick to my stomach and I needed to change it. I didn't want to associate myself with that.

I got up and went over to her. Emma stayed with me as I'd requested, I may be choosing, but it's still scary because I don't know how long I'll be here. Since I was willingly admitting myself, I was free to leave whenever but I would try not to until I was better. Emma had warned me that with things like this, you're never fully better you just get better at coping, and that's what this place was meant to help me with. Help me to cope better.

"That's me...I uhm..." I stood up before looking at Emma, who nodded out of encouragement

"Perfect, thank you. Right this way" the nurse smiled at me and I felt almost completely at ease. She did my height and weight before checking me in - I followed her instructions and soon enough I was in a room that I would be calling mine, with my psychologist helping me to unpack and settle