Thirty One - Ginevra

The guy nodded to a door, and I looked to my wife immediately

The guy nodded to a door, and I looked to my wife immediately. That room was not a room that his girlfriend should be in. No one should be in that room. That room shouldn't even exist. But it does. It's needed.

Especially living in a big city. And I hate it, it's devastating

"I'm so sorry. Is she alright? How old is she?" I asked, concerned for the stranger.

"She's getting there, she hasn't told us much, but it finally clicked today that she needed to get checked out." He said sadly, before we sat in silence for a bit. We started to discuss other things - exchanging photos of our pets after Eleni had to leave to go and relieve the Babysitter of duty and feed Luna, who was at home with the other kids and the newborn-specialised sitter that Eleni knew from a friend of a friend's wife. And when we mentioned the kids, Milo asked all about them, it sounded like he was really family-oriented which was sweet.

After Eleni left, Me and Milo were chatting and that was fine for about an hour or two, Before Milo became restless

"She's only twenty three for fucks sake." He loudly stated as he was pacing, evidently frustrated at the situation. And my face dropped as I looked to him.

Twenty three years-

"You might be here for a while longer. I can keep you company if you want." I offered and he looked at me as if I'd grown two new heads.

he was about to answer as the nurse came out and handed me everything I needed before telling me I was almost fine, just needed to stress less, and could go home, so I texted Eleni who said she was on her way back now and leaving the kids with my mamma. My parents insisted on staying over every time we had a new addition.

"See, I'm free now" I shrugged as I crossed my legs. I may be forty, but I can still fidget around.

"I don't want to put you out..." He mumbled and I sighed

"You're fine. Trust me. I would love the adult companionship for once whilst you wait for your girlfriend..." I smiled before realising he'd introduced himself but not his girlfriend

"My girl's name is Trinette" he smiled and my mind twinged and the beginnings of nausea kicked in. I know that name. And the highly unpleasant memories that go along with it. I took a deep breath in and then out.

"Did you say Trinette? Did she know someone called William? You have to tell me, please!" I practically begged. I could only hope and pray that it wasn't her.

"Uhh, yea. Yes, her fathers name was William - did you know him?" He asked cautiously and I shook my head and faced the ground. My mind raced as he answered my question.

He didn't...please tell me he didn't.

"Her birthday? When was she born?" I asked softly and he shook his head