Forty Seven - Artemis

Nate

Nate

Hey! It's Nathan from
the market, just wondering
if I could have your address?
I'll pick you up around six.
Any allergies I should be
aware of? Dress casual and
practical!

My phone beeped with a notification, and I checked it to see that it was the market guy. Aurelia had taken me out again after the market to get some clothing and we were sat at home.

"Is that him?! Girl! I'm so excited" Aurelia's enthusiasm made me feel more positive than anxious about this as I sent him a text.

"Yea, he's picking me up at six. I better get ready" I mumble as I put the box down

"I'll continue with the furniture. Stay safe, call me or text me if you need anything. Alright?!" Aurelia told me and I nodded before going into the bathroom to shower and get ready.

I was just getting dressed into a nice casual outfit as my phone rang

"Hello?" I answered the unknown number

"Hi Trinette! It's Ryan, I got a new phone-" I cringed at the use of my old name, physically reacting with a shiver and a deep breath. he didn't know, he couldn't.

"Oh, now isn't a great time...." I cut him off as I put him on speaker so I could get changed

"No, I'm not calling for that. I just wanted to see if Milo's talked to you recently" he asked, sounding worried

"No I haven't. Everything alright?" I mumble, zipping up my jeans and grabbing a jacket. I shouldn't have asked that, fuck.

"He broke up with us and has just...he's not himself"

"I've not heard from him- look Ryan I'd love to help but i have to go out now. Hope you figure it out-" I put my shoes on as I look at the time, rush out a goodbye before hanging up. I felt guilty for ending the call but even his voice just brought back everything. I can't love them, I can't. We weren't meant for this lifetime, but that's okay.

"Art! He's here!" Aurelia calls, causing me to run out of the bedroom where Nathan is indeed standing at the door and being given a stern talk by Aurelia

"-and her location sharing is on, so don't you dare try anything. Here she is" my friend smiled as she turned to me. Nathan was beaming when he saw me walk closer in my jeans and shirt.

"Shouldn't I be taking you? Since I was the one who changed the colour of your shirt?" I asked as we walked out of the flat and he chuckled.