⚠️🚨Forty Nine - Milo🚨⚠️

I don't speak to the guys or my family

I don't speak to the guys or my family. It hurts but I know it's for the greater good. I got a nice job, and I live in an apartment with Blue, Me and Donovan - Ralph's son. We have started dating, and it's been going okay...

The guys still try to contact me, so do my family. but i cant pick up their calls, Donovan won't let me. He says it's only because he cares, and he's scared to lose his papa again. He knows what's best for me, he does.

"You're wearing that?" Donovan asked and I nodded, looking down at my jeans and shirt. I thought I looked good, but then again I do have shit taste...

"I was going to...why?" I ask, looking up at the lights and then back to him. Blue doesn't like him which makes living together a challenge.

"It's...no. wear that white shirt, and the clean jeans. I don't want people thinking I'm dating a slob" he spits out and I sigh. Looking Into the mirror, I see what he's on about. The jeans have paint stains on them from painting, and whilst I thought they added to the look, Donny obviously didn't. And I trust his opinion. He knows what's best for me.

"I'll change, sorry" I mumble, going back to the bedroom to change. Blue followed me, whimpering softly and I urged him to shush. Last thing I want is for blue to get hurt because he was crying too loudly.

"Much better" Donny came over and pulled me into a deep kiss when I went back out. "You know I love you, right Mills?" He pecks

"I do, should we go?" I ask, looking towards the door but Donny shook his head

"Not yet." He grinned, and I forced out a smile, knowing what was coming next and what was going to happen. Mentally, I geared myself up as he kissed me again, showering me in his love.

He loves me.

He loves me.

He loves me.

His hand travelled lower and I shook my head

"Sorry, I can't..." I explain, escaping his grip and he let out an frustrated, angry sigh. I breathed out in relief.

"Fine. Get your shoes on" he grumbled as he left me standing there and went to the door, throwing me my shoes before putting his on. Blue whimpered and I shook my head at the dog who was rubbing his head into my knees. 

I put my shoes on and headed out, Blue went to the sofa and sat there before being shouted at by Donovan to get off and then I got glared at before I could say anything.

We headed out to his family's house in silence, only breaking it when we got a few minutes away. I didn't understand it all. I don't understand why he does this. I don't know what I did wrong. But he says he loves me.

"Milo! Welcome back! We've missed you" Ralph smiled and I nodded as Donovan headed inside first and I followed behind

"No Blue today?" His wife asked and I shook my head, about to answer when Donny cut in

"No, he wasn't feeling up to it so we left him at home" that's a fucking lie! Blue wanted to come.

"Hope he feels better soon, your sister was looking forward to seeing him again" Donovan's mother smiled, and he just hummed as we walked further inside with my hand in his.

"Hi Dono! Hi Milo" his siblings greeted us with smiles and hugs. I held in my wince as they squeezed my bruised body

"Hi, it's so great to see you again" I smile back to them, and they nod

"Likewise, how are you doing? I was going to go to the shops, did you want to come?" His sister offers and I go to nod before I'm cut off

"No. He's staying here" Donovan states

"He can speak for himself dono. Get a grip, loser" his sister fought back before turning to me again

"So?" She asked, and I was torn. A nod gathered me a glare from Donovan and a happy smile from his sister. Before anything else, she was grabbing my arm and excitedly dragging me to the door. I got my shoes on and we left.

"Does my brother hurt you?" She asked after about five minutes of silence in the car

"Shit. How bad" my hesitancy to answer gave her the answer. I opted for staying quiet.

"Milo, you are a completely different person since we first met. You are barely a shell. You smiled when you brought back my father, do not let my asshole of a sibling tear you down" she attempts to encourage me but I shake my head

"No. Its fine. He's just protecting me. He loves me. He doesn't hurt me" I mumble, trying to figure out how to explain it.

"Milo. Break up with him, please. When was the last time you talked to anyone who wasn't him?" I stay silent

"Right." She huffs, and gets the phone to call her dad. I focus on breathing, stressing about it

"Please don't" I tried, and she looks to me

"Why not?" Her voice is confused. Telling me she doesn't understand what she was about to cause.

"Just...please. I'm happy with him. He's good for me. It's hard to explain" I lied, the words tumbled out of my mouth with ease. For fucks sake, why can't I speak up! I was in the fucking mafia but I can't even speak up against a dude.

"Milo-"

"Drop it, please. I appreciate your concern but please. Things are fine." I begged her and she shifted in her seat. I made her uncomfortable. Shit.

"I...I don't know if I can keep this"

"I just need some time" lie "I'll leave him soon" lie "thank you...for...for being worried. I appreciate that someone cares" truth. I stammered a little as I spoke

"Right. But if you're still with him next time..."

"I know..."

We rode in silence

---
Posted: 20.05.2024

Here's the second part of the double update!