Twenty Four - James

I got home and immediately went to lay on my bed, Ted cuddled up next to me and just kept me company alongside Forlap, I love them both so much bless

I got home and immediately went to lay on my bed, Ted cuddled up next to me and just kept me company alongside Forlap, I love them both so much bless. He's so sweet, I love how animals just know what you need. And right now I needed some time to chill out after Liam's outburst. His words hurt, but I know he doesn't know. But it hurts nonetheless.

No one does. I think Milo is the only one I've told in a moment of weakness but even then my memory is fuzzy.

Ted got up and headed to the door before a knock came and he meowed for me to let the knocker in, it was definitely Milo. Forlap didn't move though, lazy little shit.

I picked up my little man and opened the door, inviting him in before closing the door and letting Teds down again. He ran to his cat tree so he could pretend to be a king and look down on us whilst we chat

"I came to check on you" he spoke softly. Grabbing both my hands and holding them gently in his as he sat me on the bed and took a seat next to me

"I'm fine" I muttered, not wanting to talk about it. I still need to admit it to Trins too....fuck.

Forlap moved so his head was resting on my thigh and i stroked his golden fur.

"But you're not fine. Not one of us is!! Why can't any of you see it. You're all hurting inside and not communicating. We're falling apart James and no one seems to fucking care about it!!" He spoke, trying to keep his voice calm but the shakiness was there, I rested his head into my shoulder

"I'm sorry, but I don't know what you want me to say." I muttered after some silence

"Just open up. I know that no one has the rights to ask that of you but we want to be let in. I want you to open up. Liam's words were unacceptable, whether he knew or not doesn't change things. He's out right now but when he comes back we are all having a meeting." He demanded

"But he's right." I sighed and Milo just pulled me into him "I don't know what it's like. And I never will know the pain he went through" my eyes teared up at the thought. I've known for years now, but it's only now becoming real, now that our girl is involved. I was doing well at pushing it to the back of my mind and rarely thinking about it, but Liam's words just stirred it all up again. I'll never know - he was right about that. And I think that's what made it sting so badly.

I softly nodded in acknowledgement of Milo's want for a meeting, knowing I didn't have a choice.

"Now, do you want to talk?" He asked softly again and I shrugged before looking at the ceiling.

"I can't... I just want a hug...if that's okay?" I asked without thinking before cursing myself for sounding so weak. A hug? Jesus.

Get a grip

"Always" Milo replied before I could get carried away in my thoughts, he got up and pulled the bedsheets back, signalling for me to get in.

He followed in and just held me. I didn't cry, I didn't need to. I just needed to be held for a bit.