Twenty Six - Trinette

"What's your name, λουλούδι"  the woman asked and I smiled

"What's your name, λουλούδι"  the woman asked and I smiled. She seemed nice and I got the sense I could trust her. Ryan and Liam exchanged a look at the use of her foreign word, she'd just Finished talking to her.

(Flower)

"Είσαι Έλληνας?" Just as I was about to answer her, Ryan inturrupted and asked her what I assumed was a question, shocking me. I knew he spoke English and Italian, but another language? Jesus these men will be the death of me.

(You are Greek?)

The woman nodded at his question before looking back to me for my name. I looked over to Liam who was staring down the woman - weirdo.

"τι θελεις μαζι της? ποιο είναι το όνομά σου?" Ryan spoke again. I huffed and looked out of the window - it felt like a repeat of when I was last here and they would start speaking in Italian... Except this time It made me super anxious why do they need to speak in another language? Especially when they both definitely speak English. They may not be talking about anything bad, but this past year has filled me with paranoia.

(what do you want with her?  what is your name?)

"με λένε Ελένη. αλλά δεν είναι αυτό το θέμα, η γυναίκα μου θέλει να μιλήσει στην κοπέλα - μόνη." She said, but I focused my attention on one spot on the back of the seat to try and centre myself. I could tell by their tone of voice and the atmosphere that it was getting tense, couple that with the fact of knowing they're talking about me and not understanding them and you have a recipe for an anxiety attack

(my name is Eleni. but that's not the point, my wife wants to talk to the girl - alone.)

I tried to focus on my breathing and the spot on the chair in front as I felt myself get panicky. I clawed my fingers into my thighs, squeezing and releasing like a cat paddling.

"Όχι, δεν θα την αφήσουμε να φύγει μόνη της." Liam raised his voice commandingly and defiantly. The air got caught in my throat and I couldn't release it. I closed my eyes and clawed at my forearms, attempting to block their voices out and failing. Closing my eyes just made it worse.

(No, we won't let her go alone.)

"Και γιατί όχι?  Κοιτάξτε, δεν προσπαθώ να ξεκινήσω μια λογομαχία εδώ, αλλά η γυναίκα μου ζήτησε να δει αυτό το κορίτσι χωρίς εσάς τους δύο παρόντες.  Εδώ είναι ο αριθμός μου, καλέστε μας όταν είστε έτοιμοι να το συζητήσετε σαν κύριοι και όχι σαν άνθρωποι των σπηλαίων." The woman sighed, scribbling something down and handing it to Ryan before I felt her eyes on me