Five - Ryan

Principessa has been attached to me like a limpet to a stone for hours, gripping onto me like her life depended on it

Principessa has been attached to me like a limpet to a stone for hours, gripping onto me like her life depended on it. She absolutely cannot sleep. Her tears fell onto my neck and shoulder for a while until she didn't have any more to cry and I feel so fucking angry at that shitty excuse for a father. How could he do this to her, his only daughter.

The only time we got up was when I needed to help her clean up after an episode, which happened a few times.

she wasn't well at all and it was hard to see her like this. But I know we have to stay strong for her.

I had massaged her head and stroked her buzzed hair hair multiple times through the night, and I think she was finding it reassuring by the way she would fall in and out of consciousness

My eyelids fell heavy but I forced myself to stay awake. I won't let anyone take her from me. From us. Not again.

"Ryan, she needs to sleep properly" Amadeo said as he walked into the guest room we'd put her up in and i was sitting in with her. I felt her body tense up at my brother's voice, before relaxing once it had registered who it was. I don't want to even begin to imagine what she went through there.

"What are you doing up" I asked him and he shrugged

"Something about you being my brother, I know when you're not okay" he smirked and I shot him a glare as Trinette eventually looked up at me with those beautiful eyes of hers, once full of love, care and adoration now replaced with immense pain and suffering. And concern.

Why is she concerned?

"Not now. I'm busy." i scolded him and he immediately caught on to what I meant and nodded apologetically

"Look she needs to sleep. Your position may be preventing her from sleeping." He tried to reason and i sighed. He was right about her sleep, but her hands gripping my shirt tighter when he mentioned letting her go proved the second part of his statement wrong

"I'll get into bed properly and lay down with her. Go to sleep though." I instructed and he nodded before leaving me to lay down in the bed, underneath the covers with her. I held her close

It wasn't long until I was forcefully claimed by sleep no matter how hard I fought it. But I had her safe in my arms.

Waking up in the morning, the first thing I noticed was the trembling body next to me. I shot up and she was still awake, just trembling. She'd managed to half-push the covers off during the night and I could see how unwell she looked. Fuck.

Milo came into the room slowly after knocking on the door and i hadf told him to come in. He closed the door behind him and gave me a quick kiss - an action that Trinny's eyes didn't miss - before sitting next to Trinny, his heart visibly shattered in his chest as he looked over her and stroked her hair - what was left of it. I could see he wanted to kiss her but was holding back.