Forty Four - Artemis

"Morning Thea" I smiled as I waved at the teen alter who was dancing around the hallways and humming

"Morning Arti!!!" She smiled as she came over to walk with me.

"Where are we going?" Her bubbly personality infected me and I smiled

"Breakfast, then I have my discharge meeting with Rae before being picked up." I smiled and she nodded sadly. It was hard, their system wasn't being discharged yet.

Every time they got close to discharge, something happened. They got discharged once, and ended up back here less than a month later.

"You'll stay in contact, right?" She asked as she nibbled her lip and I nodded

"Of course I will, if I can. You know that I'll try" I reassured her, she gripped me into a hug as we took a seat after grabbing food

"Thank you- oh! This song- here" she smiled, shoving the earbud towards me excitedly. I placed it in my ear just as ‘The Last Great American Dynasty’ began to play.  It turned out that Thea was a massive ‘Swiftie’ and whenever Thea was around, she would tell me everything I needed to know about Taylor Swift - and she was slowly turning me into a fan too.

We ate breakfast as we discussed the latest Taylor Swift events before Chester made his appearance. Chester was the system's only Male alter, It was complex to understand everything about them, but I wanted to try.

"We'll see you again, right?" He wanted to confirm as he hugged me, resting his head between my neck and my shoulder.

"I cant promise, but I'll try my best - now go! I don't think your therapist will appreciate you being late!" I laughed and he nodded, giving me a tight hug and looking at me one last time before heading off to his therapy session.

I went to finish up packing, dandelion was in my room which was empty, and I felt sadness hit me, along with happiness. I was in a much better place now - I had regular medication and decreased episodes for a start, dandelion was able to come and live with me which had prepared me for moving out. I already had a job waiting for me and a flat for me to move into. I've just been here for so long and gotten attached to the people.

My bags were packed and I smiled at the incoming call

"London!!" I smiled from the chair as the woman on my screen smiled back

"Hey! Getting out today?" She asked as I heard one of their kids fussing in the background

"Yea, already have everything set up for me. Rae is doing my discharge paperwork and I'll have the last meeting with her when she's done before Ma is picking me up and I'll be off to my new home!" I smile excitedly

"Send me your new address, I've been waiting for you to send me it!!!" She laughed as she held up her daughter and kissed her little head before setting the phone down and Talking to me.

"You won't send it to your brother will you...shit sorry" I asked hesitantly and she rolled her eyes. I knew she wouldn't but I needed confirmation for my peace of mind.

"You broke up with him, of course I'm not going to share it - don't worry, I know your mind. It's okay" she promised, holding up a pinkie to the screen I nod and type the address

"How's Chile?" I asked, she and Aisley had taken the Quads on their first holiday, so they were in a holiday home.

"Good good, we're taking them out sightseeing today" she smiled as Aisley walked into the frame

"Tr-art!" She smiled, merging the names and making me laugh

"Hi ais, enjoying your holiday?" I asked and she nodded

"Mhm! Yeah, kids have been great too! Alessia was quiet the whole way down, and Cosimo hasn't attempted murder yet either!" She laughed, Alessia clapped her hands together whilst London rocked the child on her hips.

"We have to go, but talk soon, alright?" London smiled and we said our goodbyes before hanging up. Dandelion smiled at me, resting her head between me knees and watching me.

"You ready?" Rae came up to the door and I smiled.

"Not really, but let's go" I smiled with a small laugh. We completed the discharge meeting and assessment before I could say goodbye to everyone.

My suitcase was in the room, along with dandelion, and I wheeled it to reception. My Mamma was there, along with Calisto - who was accompanied by Basilio as usual, and Atticus - one of the triplets.

Atticus came speeding towards me, engulfing me into a hug

"Hi!" He smiled as we walked over to the others.

"Hey! We missed you" Calisto smiled as he engulfed me into a hug, Basilio gripped onto his hand, making it more of a half-hug

"Hi" the boy shyly spoke and I knelt down to his level, giving him a warm smile

"Hi Basi, you alright little man?" I asked and he beamed

"Mhm! I- I made you something!" He whispered toward me as Calisto picked him up. My Mamma came over and hugged me as Atticus grabbed the suitcase.

"We are stopping for food on the way, any preferences?" She asked and I hummed.

"Uhm, if there are any pizza places...or let one of them choose?" I offered as i signed out and left the building. It was bittersweet - I loved and hated leaving. I am healthier now, and in a much better place. But I made friends with the people there - luckily I had Kathryn's systems phone number so we could still be in contact - but it depended on a lot of things.

Piling into the car, I was given the front seat whilst my three brothers sat in the middle row. We drove for a bit, stopping at a pizza hut before driving back to their house. Dandelion was a happy little girl as she was sat in the middle, giving my brother's all the love and attention.

"Artemis!" My ma called as we entered the house, running to see me and almost knocking me over in a hug.

"Hey Ma, you ready? We're going soon, just stopped to grab things I need" I smiled, hugging her back.

"I'm all ready for it, cars are all set and kids are happy. Got the pet-sitter coming to check in on the pets whilst we're gone" she smiled. Fuck, I'm so excited.

This is my chance to make a new life for myself, to get myself the job I wanted and haven't managed to achieve yet.

This is my chance to find myself. And I couldn't be more excited!

---
Posted 22.04.24

I'm so excited to share the future chapters with you all! Might double update today.