Thirty Six - James

A knock on the door brought me attention away from our struggling girl for a minute

A knock on the door brought me attention away from our struggling girl for a minute. I wasn't much help here, she wasn't okay. I think this is the worst one I've seen, she was crying, shaking and mumbling horrific things, I'd never seen her so distressed. Oliver was tending to her, holding a sick bucket to her as the others did something useful, but I couldn't do anything....

I couldn't think.

"I'll get it" I mumbled as I went to the door. I opened it to see Calisto standing there with his coat, and a girl standing in the rain.

"Jesus, fuck, uhm...are you okay Calisto?" I asked, trying not to give anything away with my voice

"My car broke down and I don't know how to change a tire. I managed to drive here and I was hoping you'd be able to help? Is it a bad time?" He told me and I nodded, I'd rather he came here than stay at the side of the road and get injured or worse....I don't think our girl could handle that.

"No, no come in. Shit you're going to get soaked... Who's she?" I urged before turning my attention to the girl with a stuffed animal held to her abdomen who was standing in the heavy rainfall

She's going to get sick

"Alyvera, my girlfriend. We were off to the twenty-four/seven cafe and studio." He told me and I nodded, I'd heard of that and was definitely wanting to go when Trins was better

"Bring her inside, I don't want her catching a cold or anything, I'll...give me a second" I mumbled, opening the door and letting calisto in before heading to the room where Trins was

"Who was it?" Milo asked as he looked up from his seat

"Calisto. His car broke down whilst out with his girlfriend. I'm not happy sending him away with a broken down car, especially not in this weather" the guys nodded In agreement as trins dropped off to a sudden sleep-like state.

"You happy to take her upstairs? I'll take Calisto and his girlfriend to the kitchen" I asked Oliver who nodded, picking her body up and waited for me to take Calisto and Alyvera through to the kitchen before taking her upstairs.

"I'll fix you two a hot drink. Is tea okay? I also have Hot chocolate....or tea. Those are the two options apparently" I smiled to the two teenagers who were now in my kitchen. The girl was making a fuss of Rolo as she asked for a tea, as did Calisto.

"Do your parents know that you're here? It's raining too heavily for me to go and fix the tyre now but I could drive you back." Calisto shook his head as I started to boil the kettle

"No, I was spending the night at Aly's, I'll call my ma now." The young boy decided as he pulled his phone out and rang one of his parents.

I gave them both the tea once it was made, and quickly popped upstairs to where trins was, and it wasn't good. She was flinching and her mouth was open as if she was screaming, but there was no sound coming out. Oliver was still holding the bucket for her as Ryan was on the phone to someone

"How is she?" I asked Milo who was staring at his hands. He looked up at me and sighed

"Ryan's on the phone with the on-call doctor. She's struggling and I can't stop it. I can't make her better" his voice broke as he spoke. I enveloped him into a tight hug, Milo struggled with self-esteem but hid it well and only started to open up once we were all together.

He combated his issues by helping, making us laugh, feel better and everything, it makes him feel worthy - like he belongs, But with this, he can't help. He can't make it better. And it's killing him. He hugged me back tighter, before letting go and wiping his eyes.

"She's not waking up-" as if those were the magic words that Liam said, our girl flew up and was panting heavily. Her red, teary eyes looked directly at me with all the pain in the world, I felt like I was being crushed under the weight of the world.

Ryan flew over to her, holding her shoulders and rubbing her arms in an attempt to calm her down, but it was no use. She was gasping for breath but couldn't catch it whilst shrugging Ryan off. Her eyes were on me as she was trying to stammer something out.

"I...I need to go back down." I mumbled to them, she looked so angry at me - like she genuinely wanted me gone. The pain and hatred in her eyes had sent me a clear message.

Go away.

"Hi James, where is everyone?" Calisto asked when I got back into the kitchen and I sighed

"Your sister's not well. The guys are just with her upstairs-" I started, before he flew off up the stairs.

Shit.

"I can't run right now" his girlfriend said when I looked to her. She was on the floor making a fuss of speed and blue. Which left me to go after him

"Calisto- she's not in a good state. I'll text your mamma's when shes better, let's go and fix your tyre yea?" I suggested and he sighed before nodding. I asked for the car keys so I could drive into the garage before we attempted to fix it.

He was right, the tyre had been punctured and was deflated so I showed him how to change a tyre and used the spare wheel in the back of the car. It didn't take long before his mamma called to check in, and he was ready to take his girlfriend back.

Once he'd left - and I'd reassured him that his sister was okay about a million times - I went back up, the guys were all standing outside the room.

"Why are none of you in there?" I asked, what were they doing?! She was struggling and they just left her!?

"She asked... demanded for us to leave. Her psychologist is working the night shift tonight and is almost here. She's not okay" Ryan said, his voice cracking slightly. Liam immediately went to Ryan's side as the door rang. Oliver went down to get it and came up with the psychologist.

Something didn't feel right... What happened?

---
Posted: 29.02.24

Happy Bonus Day! Next chance won't be for 4 years!

What a mess...seems like Trins has finally snapped 🥺

Thoughts