Sixteen - James 🚨⚠️ TRIGGERING ⚠️🚨

Trinette had gone downstairs by now and as per her own request, I was in the bedroom with the rest of my guys

ओह! यह छवि हमारे सामग्री दिशानिर्देशों का पालन नहीं करती है। प्रकाशन जारी रखने के लिए, कृपया इसे हटा दें या कोई भिन्न छवि अपलोड करें।

Trinette had gone downstairs by now and as per her own request, I was in the bedroom with the rest of my guys. Oliver was on his way so the Doctor was waiting for him to get here. Trinny had been speaking to her for at least two hours.

Soon Oliver entered and took a seat and Doctor Esposito nodded to him in greeting. She flicked back in her notebook quite a few pages before stopping at one.

"Alright. Once I spoke with Trinette and she settled her anxiety, she told me a large amount of what has happened over the last year and how she feels. I suggested talking to you about it so you could help further and she asked me to run through it with you all when she wasn't present." The woman started, gaging our reactions before continuing. I was definitely jealous that she felt comfortable enough to tell this woman but not tell us.

"A large part of this stuff is distressing, disturbing and upsetting. She wanted me to make sure you weren't forced to listen. And wants you to know you can leave the room if it's too much. So please feel free to do that and I'll catch up with you after." She started, before running through a series of rule-type things for us to follow, before going through why Trinny was afraid to tell us herself - our reactions - Before she finally began to tell us what she needed.

"Starting at the very beginning of this whole episode, she expressed the fear and confusion about the gun incident, but she didn't seem all that affected by it, she was apathetic towards it, I want to say it's because of she doesn't feel it was that bad, especially considering what she went through in the following year." I immediately felt guilty at that. I shouldn't have done it - I was only trying to spare her from my parents torture but it backfired. So much. Ryan's hand rubbed my back gently as he noticed my posture.

"She recalls going to a hotel, and waking up somewhere different, after being shot. The past year has been hard for her. She was constantly used and abused, physically, verbally, sexually-" she started to explain and the room grew livid, and somehow livid felt like a very mild way to put it.

"He what?!" Liam raised his voice and she shot him a look to tell him to chill the fuck out. Milo put his hand on Liam's, channelling his anger into squishing his hand.

"Not him directly. He had other men working with him on this-" She explained before Milo cut her off again

"You mean to tell us her father, her own flesh and blood, hired people to beat and rape his only daughter?!" Milo was furious. I could tell he wanted to cause William and any other men who participated harm. But I knew we had to keep it together

"Do you mind. Gentlemen, I am trying to explain things and I do not appreciate being constantly inturrupted. This is exactly why she wanted me to tell you, she didn't think she's be able to cope with the emotions. Your reactions are valid but I will not tolerate being inturrupted and disrespected. now if you dont mind I'd like to finish." She shot the room a look, stunning us into silence.

"So. Her father - William - was the mastermind behind it all. She recalled alot of the torture, trauma and abuse she received, but couldn't remember everything - making me think there's a trauma block. She explained to me why she didn't speak when she first arrived back with you - she was terrified. If she spoke in that place it was neved recieved kindly, so she stopped altogether." My heart sank, our poor girl. Bur we didn't say anything, letting The Doctor finish.

"She remembered being told that she was unlovable, impossible, amongst derogatory comments surrounding her appearance. She feels self conscious with her hair that he ordered be chopped, and alot of what she was told has stuck with her. I wouldn't be surprised if she is nervous or avoids certain topics - no matter how unrelated to her kidnapping they seem. I won't go into details, but even without the bits she can't remember, she has expressed an intense amount of what she went through. She's doing incredibly well from that perspective, but it's very important that she sees a regular psychologist and some medication to help manage her symptoms and trauma." She finished, both explaining but leaving it vague as per Trins instructions.

"So what can we do to help her." I asked when she finished, and she sighed

"Be patient and understanding, dont force her to do anything and always give her a choice. Her mind knows you guys wouldn't hurt her, but her brain has been busy building defense mechanisms to help her whilst she was gone, and unfortunately one of them will be a feeling of sheer panic whenever she feels she may have upset one of you or she feels she has stepped out of line. It will take time to unlearn much of this. You have a difficult task ahead of you." she explained, and I think I understood what she meant.

"What about food, intimacy, groups of people?" Milo asked and she nodded

"Again, give her a free choice. Try not to spring things onto her suddenly, don't force her to eat if she's full - they were feeding her the bare minimum there, she won't be used to full meals yet. Intimacy is tricky, speak to her, plan things through and explain what's going to happen. Have multiple ways for her to say stop, at any point. As well as checking in on her. Make her feel safe and in control. I understand it can take away the spontaneity of the whole thing, but once she's broken down those defense mechanisms to a manageable level you may be able to add more spontaneity in. And regarding gatherings, give her a discreet way to signal she wants to leave, she expressed a fear of drunk men specifically so that may be something to avoid with her" she explained and it made sense - especially the drunk part. It's why she recoiled away from Milo when we found her.

"Look, I understand it's a lot to take in, I'll write up a report and prescription and send it to Trinette who will decide whether or not to share it with you. But the main thing is to allow her a choice, allow her to feel in control of her actions. She was stripped of everything for a year, control and all so it'll be difficult for her. Do not give her a choice if it means she feels pressured to pick one option or the other, and there may be times where she won't answer truthfully and may just answer with what she thinks you want to hear." She expressed and I nodded, trying not to cry. I was angry and William, Pissed for what he had done to our girl.

She soon left after explaining a few more details and I went down to find Trinette, who was sitting anxiously on the living room sofa and listening to my Mamma and Brother.

"And I can lend you some- oh, hi James" my mamma smiled to me and I nodded before joining them

"What were you talking about?" I asked nosily as I sat next to Trinny, I put my hand out to offer it to her and she took it, smiling to me, but the smile she gave was strained

"Nothing. How...how did it go?" She asked me and I nodded

"She explained everything..you should get an email copy of the report soon-"

"I'll send it straight over as soon as I get it-" she looked to me anxiously and I shook my head.

She was still scared of us. But scared of me the most.

"Only if you want to send it. It's your health and as much as we want to be involved, you get to decide what you share" I told her and her smile grew genuine.

"I hate to break you two up. But we are having a celebratory dinner tonight since you are leaving tomorrow, so get ready. Trinny was coming with me so I can help her" my mamma smiled and I sighed. Trust her to steal my girlfriend away - let alone to a big dinner, exactly what the doctor didn't order.

---

Posted: 05.11.23

Double update!

Suggestions/thoughts/ideas

Their Treasure [ONGOING][UNEDITED]जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें