Chapter 72: Completely Content & Perfectly Happy

Start from the beginning

"He's a turtle." Lennon speaks up. "He doesn't have feelings Graham."

Graham's mouth drops open in shock. "Does too! Mummy... please!"

"No pets at the table." I shake my head. "But you can bring him down after."

Graham smiles, seemingly content with the compromise as he runs the rest of the way up the stairs.

I make my way back into the kitchen, finding Olivia standing on a chair pushed up the counter, currently squeezing a glob of pink icing onto the cake.

"Did I spell love right?"

I take a step behind her, looking at her little masterpiece, we love you daddy! messily written out in pink and blue frosting.

"You did." I smile, pressing a kiss to the top of her head. "Looks really good baby."

"Daddy will like it?" She glances up at me.

"He'll love it."

"He's here!" Lennon yells from the foyer, causing Olivia's eyes to widen.

"I'm not in my dress!" She yelps as I help her jump off the chair. "Don't answer the door till I'm in my dress!"

Her hair bounces on her shoulders as she runs out of the room, Lennon's voice calling after her. "He's not gonna ring the bell silly! Hurry up!"

I quickly wipe the counter down before heading back into the foyer and helping Lennon put the step ladder in the closet.

I check myself in the mirror above the table in the entryway, feeling the same excitement I always do in this situation.

"You look lovely mum." Lennon wraps her arms around my waist from behind.

"Thank you baby." I smile, turning in her arms and giving her a tight squeeze.

The front door opening causes both our heads to snap up, Harry's tall frame soon coming into view.

"Dad!" Lennon yells, running to him as he drops his bags on the floor.

He laughs as she nearly knocks him over, his arms wrapping around her as he glances at me.

Blessing the me with the dimpled grin I've missed desperately the past two weeks. A quick wink is sent my way as a huge smile covers my face.

"Daddy!!!!" Olivia and Graham's voices blend together as they run down the stairs.

Lennon steps back just in time for our twins to each attach themselves to one of Harry's legs. He quickly leans down, scooping them both up in his arms.

"I've a new joke! And I taught Henry how to high five!"

"You like my dress!? Mummy got it for me!"

"One at a time loves." Harry chuckles. "Missed you lot. You been good for your mum?"

"I have." Olivia speaks up.

"Graham?" Harry raises an eyebrow.

"Mostly good." Graham shrugs. "You left me with all these girls daddy."

Harry laughs, setting the two of them down gently. "That I did. Sorry little man."

"Do you like my dress daddy?" Olivia twirls around, her pink princess dress flowing out around her.

"Very much. I think...." He leans over unzipping his bag. "..it's missing one thing though."

He pulls out a little tiara, sparkling with glitter and plastic jewels, making Olivia gasp.