𝟬𝟰𝟰 ━━ look to the east

*。☆。
★。\|/。★
˚ ₊ ♡ ❰ BALLAD OF BROKEN SWORDS ❱
*✧ ─── ❝ ❪ LOOK TO THE EAST ❫ ❞
▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅
˚₊· ͟͟͞͞➳❥ ACT THREE ── face et spera 🏹 ⁺⑅

*。☆。 ★。\|/。★˚ ₊ ♡ ❰ BALLAD OF BROKEN SWORDS ❱ *✧ ─── ❝ ❪  LOOK TO THE EAST  ❫ ❞ ▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅ ˚₊· ͟͟͞͞➳❥ ACT THREE  ── face et spera 🏹 ⁺⑅

═════════ ☆•° °•☆ ═════════
CHILDREN OF ARDA DUOLOGY ⋆ ☄.
♯ ❝ WE PERVERSERE
CHAPTER FORTY THREE ✧・゚: *✧・゚:*
˚ ₊ ♡ the third age ─── year 3019
▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

━━ ˚ ₊ ♡ 🏹
❝ 𝘸𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝙠𝙚𝙚𝙥𝙨 𝘮𝘦 𝙝𝙚𝙧𝙚? 𝙤𝙣𝙡𝙮
𝘮𝘺 𝙝𝙚𝙖𝙧𝙩 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝙬𝙤𝙣'𝙩 𝘨𝘪𝘷𝘦 𝘶𝘱 ❞

THE AIR INSIDE THE ROOM HANGS HEAVY WITH THE WEIGHT OF IMPENDING DOOM. The rattling door and the dust-filled cracks are symbolic of the crumbling defences, a stark reflection of the inevitable defeat that surrounds them. Gyda, with her sword at her side, takes a moment to absorb the gravity of the situation. The sight of the flimsy barricade held together by the few wooden pillars situated on the weakest spots. The war cries of the Uruk-Hai ring throughout the keep and defeat lingers in the air.

Gyda heaves in a deep breath, fingers curling around the pommel of her sword that once again rests at her side. The clamoring of soldiers behind her continues and her own eyes settle on the people inside the room.

Her lips pull tight and her brows furrow at the small group, weary heart numb knowing so many lives had been lost on the battlefield.

"The fortress is taken." Théoden states, the exhaustion in his voice reveals the roll of battle. "It is over."

"You said this fortress would never fall while your men defend it! They still defend it!" Aragorn disputes, his voice rising. "They've died defending it!"

A small spark of fury lights inside her. Had she not warned them? Did she not expect this. Losing the battle, with no place to run? Forced with their backs against the wall, fighting in a stronghold that had only given them false pretenses and a senseless form of hope?

It made her want to scream.

It made her want to cry.

Because once again she was left standing while so many had perished. Her heart wished for her to place blame. To look Theóden in the eye and tell him that it was over.

Because she felt like it was over.

"Is there no other way for the women and children to get out of the caves?" Aragorn wonders, marching towards the king, but he remains silent. His eyes dull and unseeing almost as if they looked right through Aragorn. "Is there no other way?" He raises his voice.